ABB shooter

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Flipgun, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

On the other forum BB shooters are a current thing and some really cool stuff is happening. So I had to get in and I brought it here to show ya'll. I based this on a shooter by PrimitivePowerslingshot. Thanx for looking.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dang it! "A bb shooter."

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  2. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

I like this! Great fork and very nice style with the leather loops! Never tried to fire a bb, smallest I've gone is 1/4" and its hard enough! Great job!
    What kind of bands are those?

3. Flipgun

Thanx Will. I have #64 rubberbands on it. It is classified as a BB shooter but I was using 1/4" to make those holes at 14 ft

4. CJC

CJC BIG ELK HUNTER

Awesome!!!

5. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Thanks for the info! It obviously sends that little ammo out really well! Not to drop a million questions on you, but how do you prefer to figure your pouch dimensions?

6. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

looks very nice.

do the leather tabs on the fork have any function or are they just for the look?

7. Flipgun

No thinking involved. I just eyed the ammo and went from there. It is 1cmX7ish. I don't mind questions as I have many of my own.;)

8. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

??? sorry, ahem. not the pouch. i mean why aren't the bands not directly mounted on the fork? is it to extend the draw length without having too strong bands for bb's?

9. Flipgun

The tabs serve the function of providing a system to make putting bands on a very small fork a lot easier and it is very versatile. With tabs like this you can do flatbands, single tube and double tubes. Also tabbed shooters are much quieter when fired than other hookups. you can even tab TTF shooters.

10. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

saw it on slingshots with tubes before but didn't see any with flat's. also good to know, that they are quieter. thanx

11. Flipgun

Sorry Max! I was answering Will and did not do it right. My Bad!

12. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

A very interesting tab setup for your forks, Flip. Looks pretty cool!

The tabs appear to be extending quite a bit from the forks. Is there a rule-of-thumb with this type of setup???

And if you don't mind me asking, what are using to wrap the leather tabs with???

Thanks for sharing!

13. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

^thank you Thistle!^

I was wondering the same thing, but hate bombarding a thread with questions!

14. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

+1 :d

15. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

Sorry Flipgun! I overlooked Will's Question. My Bad!

16. Flipgun

Generally the tabs are long enough to fold over the diameter of the prong so that the band connection does not rub on the wood. In this case I made them longer because the stretch length of a cut #64 was shorter than my draw length. For attaching the tabs I used waxed dental floss. On a thicker fork, one would ordinarily have a band groove. On the thinner forks like this that is not so practical to do. I learned from someone else that you can wrap floss on the fork in 2 layers and coat with super glue. This seals the floss and binds it to the frame. You attach the tabs in the same fashion, 2 layers of wrap. Before you seal it you can slide the tabs around to the proper position. When you seal that with super glue the floss gets a glassy look and that hook up is there forever, so get it right the first time! ;)

@Will Ask anything you want. My responses are kind of slow because after the switch over I have not been receiving Email updates (Help!) and have to come look.

17. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

Thank you, Flip. Very helpful info.

I had some similar issues. PM Austin (our tech guy). Ask him to take a look at your settings. It could just be something quirky with your operating system.

18. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Very nice little shooter. Great job!!!