A "zombie"/prepping section?

Discussion in 'Zombie / Prepping related stuff' started by Wanimator, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

Since Mr. Sprave is into Zombies etc. and it'd be a good discussion for different devices and slingshots I am wondering if we should have a Zombie section possibly prepping section if that'd fit better?

2. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Very interesting idea. I know the Remark slingshots I have with the current bands would only Pisa off a zombie. My slingbow may be a better choice.

I'm really wanting to get my hands on a flippinout slingshot with some good flatlands.

3. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Sometimes you surprise! Nice idea..... An apocalyptic survival section! (zombies and more)

Hey Forumtech and Jörg, what do you think?

4. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

There isn't a section for this already?! I'm shocked, let's make it happen!

5. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

I think we realy need this section to discuss how strong a SS has to be, how to carry/store/stock slingshots and where to get ammo.

6. dolomite

dolomite Banned

To me the prepping idea is a good one, surprising from the young one. He is seeming to get better;). However I am very weary of everything "zombie" about survival. Don't get me wrong, I love zombie movies, Romero is king. But zombie has become a one word catch-all for disaster in general, theres more useless zombie apocalypse merchandise out there than bear grylls puts out. Slap the word "zombie" on it and up the price by 25%, so disgusting! Can't we just call it the survival preparation section?

7. AngelicScars

It's all about marketing, they want to sell their product and "Zombies" sell.

8. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

Its not just marketing, the Zombie apocalypse is the "ultimate" apocalypse, it has everything from other apocalypses (can someone say it like that ???): Roaming gangs, political breakdown, pandemic, shortage of everything....... list goes on. So, make this section happening :D

EDIT: what i meant to say, if you are prepared for the zombie apocalypse (which in fact will never happen) you are prepared for nearly everything

9. ForumTech

ForumTech Administrator Staff Member

If Joerg gives me the word I will proceed.

10. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Yay, forumtech! I forgot your name or i'd give you a proper 3 cheers for...;). Sorry m8:eek:.

11. AngelicScars

Exactly! To the bolded.

I personally couldn't discredit that a zombie apocalypse wouldn't happen. That is JMO. ;)

12. dolomite

dolomite Banned

I wouldn't discredit it at all with the things that biotech companies and worse groups(the U.S govt.) are getting away with these days!

13. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

I know what you mean. But talking about how to protect ourselves from zombies makes a handy, socially acceptable, way of talking about protecting ourselves in a broader context. If I speculate whether 16mm lead shot from double .04 natural latex will pass through both sides of a coconut or a zombie's skull it doesn't mean that I have a down on tropical food products or believe in the concept of the living dead !

14. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Ruthie, that's part of what I mean, the whole socially acceptable part. This means that most don't truly take it to heart, because zombies don't exist. This way people feel good about "prepping" but have no idea what for. I realize it's to make people prepare for all the things that could happen but the things being "taught" on "prepper" shows is mostly rubbish. That's why survival is the better thought to me, you realize survive is the key word. In a really bad situation, those that take to the streets with their "bug out bags" will be the first to fall, not those who are the natural outdoor types. Just my not-so-humble opinion.

15. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

Thanks ForumTech! Thanks for your support everybody! :) :D

16. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

No kidding!

But I think you better get out of here!- but I guess you all are lost, anyway.
    It´s a fact, that some 14 days ago I had that itching in my neck!- And now,
    guess what? Every three or four days i feel an overwhelming urge to build a:

S L I N G S H O T! (can you feel that prickling down your spines while reading)

I´m scared to say; but I guess Mr. Sprave is constantly spreading some
    optically functioning, subliminal sort of virus, he clearly seems to be some
    sort of mothership of that slingshot disease!!!?
    Look what he does: promotes slingshotalistic constructions.. and:
    slowly starts to implement in our brains the fact that there normally are Zombies around!!!- BUT THAT´s US!!!

scares me to death!

17. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

The word.

18. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

genius answer :D

19. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

A lot of people have asked me why I am so fascinated by Zombies?

The reason is that I am very interested in the history of contagious diseases. I believe the horror of the Black Death, a plague that killed half of the world's population in 1348/1349 and tortured Europe for 400 years afterwards, is a part of our generic memories now.

Zombies and the Black Death have so much in common.

A plague that nobody can explain. It destroys the whole civilzation, kills everybody no matter what and who they are. It is slow, but never rests - you can run, but it will get you sooner or later. When it has you, you are a danger to your loved ones.

It is this primeval fear that makes Zombies so fascinating.

20. AngelicScars

I love it. Perfect and well said.
    Also, yay for the approval! :D