a quick and easy wrist brace

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by ruthiexxxx, Feb 12, 2014.

1. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

Just a right angle bracket from the hardware store, a screw, and some paracord. Works a treat

Attached Files:

2. jurassicbark2000

jurassicbark2000 jurassicbark2000

That looks very beefy like the idea

3. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

Over on this side of the pond, that would be called an assault weapon. It just looks wicked. Maybe it's the skull helping too. :)

I like the wrist brace idea, but the tube arrangement has me wondering if it helps prevent hand slap due to it's ability to easily swing through the fork.

4. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

You put your finger right on the problem! And yes, it's the exposed index finger that gets considerable hand slap if I'm shooting light stuff like hexnuts. I think I shall have to keep it for big lead and 20mm steel....either that or fit it with a leather 'cutlass' type guard

5. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

I love seeing random parts being used like this. Simple idea and nicely executed :)

6. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

Lovely piece of work and a very interesting wrist brace!

Ruthie your slingshots all seem to be so full of character.
    Keep up the nice work!

7. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I swear every slingshot/slingbow you make looks like a medieval beat-down weapon first, slingshot second. I've seen a few photos of slingshots from other makers in Spain, is this a common style there? I like the wrist brace idea, simple and effective. I suspect Zombies should definitely steer clear of Andalucia.

8. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

Thanks guys :)

And yes, I am influenced quite a bit by 'Spanish Style'...i love their shooters.

The brace idea works so well I've done another one.

Attached Files:

9. Sidewalkhunter

Sidewalkhunter Hoden

Nice, looks likt the right tool for bullfighting 2.0

10. GunGuy

GunGuy Active Member

ruthiexxxx is that the same bracket on the top as on the bottom of the second shooter?

11. Ghosth

Ruthie a question, on the "eyebolt" that the tubing goes though, is that a straight bolt that you have bent into an open circle, then covered with rubber so your tubing can't escape? (would also prevent chaffing?)

12. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

13. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

No bending necessary for the Bunny Ears. It's just an ordinary bolt. I cover the threads with soft tape to reduce wear and tear, slide one end of the tube fully down on it and bend the free end of the tube over and secure it with a latex wrap.

14. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

That is deffinetly a smart idea!

15. Ghosth

Incredibly smart!

Necessity is the mother of invention.

That is some awesome thinking.

16. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

Just now thinking wow, she made that whole thing in a few hours!:cool:

The cutlass finger guard is awesome, as is the rest of it.

So the silver tube loops are attached to a straight bolt, not an eye-bolt?

Edit; after looking some more, I wonder about those fork flat bars bending back under the load of a pull.
    Maybe there is a way to anchor them near the fork bolt posts, down to the cutlass guard?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  17. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

That should allow you to beef up the tubes on your shorties.

18. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Another kick ass creation, Ruthie style. I dig it much like everything else you make.

19. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

Thanks guys. I am having fun with these. They've even distracted me from my starships for a while. I can see more conversions happening :)

20. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

Yes, just a straight bolt. I have used eye-bolts and still do sometimes but one of the big plusses of the Bunny Ears is very much reduced wear on the main tubes or bands

Yes, I have had some probs with these bending, On some I've had to double them up. Anchoring to the base of the grip sounds like a good idea. The same with the brackets for the braces but I got round this by bending them the other way which gave more strength