a pretty sweet haul...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kohlqez, Feb 6, 2014.

1. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

So you know the random adds that pop up on the sides and bottom of the forum? Well I clicked one the other day from builddirect.com and they're offering 5 free flooring samples from their website, no shipping cost either, totally free. Seeing as it was completely free, no credit cards or anything I figured what the hell why not? I picked some nice maple, mahogany, teak, cherry, and tigerwood solid pieces. I figured they'd be good to practice on, to see I liked the wood and maybe get a few palmswells and endcaps out of them, but now that they're here I see that that's not gonna work... because they're huge! They're all at least 5" wide and like 8" long. Enough for one slingshot per sample with some to spare. Needless to say I'm pretty happy with that. The site is http://www.builddirect.com/Hardwood...=GDN&utm_medium=display&utm_campaign=hardwood
    Not sure if they do international though.

Attached Files:

2. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

Wow going to get me some!

3. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Busted over there and got me some! Thanx!

4. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

Oh that's a quarter in the second pic, for size reference

5. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Sweet! I just placed my 'order' as well.

-Wild Bill

6. beaverIII73

beaverIII73 Junior Member

I'm putting an order in right now, thanks for the tip! 13 pages to look at wow so many nice samples want one of each lol.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  7. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

Make sure you select the 5" wide ones, unless you want the small ones, otherwise you'll be making some small slings

8. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Loudest boom on Earth

whaaaat... im sure they dont shipp internationally... gonna check to be sure

Edit: they do but its not free . 45 usd to Slovakia.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  9. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Looks like a great idea, but I'm going to wait for a bit before I order any, just to see if you guys that try this get inundated with sales calls or emails pressuring you to order more. Maybe that won't happen, but I'll wait to be safe. The BBB does give the company an A+ rating.

10. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

Just make a dummy email, that's what I did. The only thing you might have to worry about is getting physical mail spam since you have to give them your address...

11. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Ive ordered several flooring samples recently, fake email, fake number. They have my address but any junk mail goes straight into the recycling bin anyway. Some of it was engineered but have 5 very nice pieces and Ill be taking off the 4mm veneers off the engineered ones too :)

12. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

They offer free shipping to GER but only three samples available ?

13. jackofalltrades

jackofalltrades Banned

Can anyone tell me if this can be trusted, do you end up having to pay anything are you bombarder with junk mail ???

Joat

14. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

No problems from the ones in the UK so far. :)

15. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

I'll have to head over there and order a few samples myself.

16. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

They did leave a message on my answering machine. I'll have to think of something if I pick up by accident. haven't checked my E-mail in a few days.

The samples are really good quality for flooring. I'd be glad to shop with them when i need some flooring done.

17. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

I got my samples a few days ago. Funny thing is, a representative from the company called me to ask if I had received them, and if I needed anything else for my flooring project. I laughed and explained that his company advertise on our forum, and that the idea of free wood was irresistible to a bunch of slingshot builders. A thread was started and dozens of us have now ordered samples from his company for the purpose of making slingshots. He then laughed as well and explained that this was the first time he'd ever heard of someone ordering the samples so that they could make stuff. He was actually quite tickled.

-Wild Bill

18. Haze

Haze New Member

thanks for that John - I'm in Australia - will see if I can find someone local.

19. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

Oh damn!:eek: