A new camera, at last!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JoergS, Nov 4, 2013.

1. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

My trusted Canon Legria 306 broke when it got soaked during an unexpected downpour in South Carolina... since then, I was reduced to my cheapo 200 Euro backup cam.

Was never really happy, shaky image quality and lousy audio.

After a real good month (nice payment from YouTube came in), I ordered a new one. Panasonic HC X929! Great built-in mike, and a Leica lens.

http://www.panasonic.de/html/de_DE/...+Filmer/HC-X929/Übersicht/11419981/index.html

Hooray! Should be here tomorrow.

2. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

Nice! Yes, the weather will change at a drop of a dime here. You have to be prepared for anything!

3. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

NICE !!!! More highly different content coming out from master sprave

J :p

4. Courier

Courier Senior Member

Have you ordered it from the panasonic-site or amazon?
    It is a lot cheaper on amazon... exactly 270 € cheaper.

P.S. This looks like a great camera! We are excited to see the quality-change. :)

5. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

We'll be watching for the new content from your new camera. I love getting new equipment. Just replaced my DSLR earlier this year. So much fun to get new stuff!

6. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Amazon, of course!

7. LEDPunisher

LEDPunisher New Member

Yes, that South Carolina weather will getcha good! I spent many a summer on Dataw/St. Helena Island and much like along the Mississippi River, if you really like the weather, wait five minutes, you won't like it! One moment it's nice and sunny at the beach, next moment you're under mandatory evacuation, Georgia hotel here we come!

That looks like a fairly impressive camera. Most certainly better than my cheap Z971 made by Kodak!

8. kineticweaponry

kineticweaponry Senior Member

I am actually looking for a new camera myself, something with decent audio and video, and capable of about 500fps slomo. Any recommendations, by the way, my price range is around $200-$500.