a hunting section

Discussion in 'About the Forum' started by ABH1, Oct 29, 2013.

1. dolomite

dolomite Banned

How many times do you need Joerg to say no? It's been at least 4 in the time I've been here.

2. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Loudest boom on Earth

Ok, I have studied a lot about nutrition and different styles of diets. I've been a 100% raw food vegan for a full month , then I was a vegan for 3 years. Now I am back to omnivoring. But I plan to have my diet consist of self raised animal protein and majority of intake from homegrown green vegetables (paleo/primal diet). But I am behind Tilia on this issue. There is nothing wrong with discussing.

I don't want a hunting section per se , but I wouldn't mind it existing at all and would read it.

EDIT: Tilias point is (IMO... I didnt read this stuff coz you all spammed it) that conventional agro business farms shouldnt exist, but free range grass fed cows and other livestock fed its natural diet are ok. IF only people learned that meat intake shouldn't be daily and you should only buy stuff raised locally from places where you can see the livestock wander the field....

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013

3. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

After reading through this thread, here's my conclusion-

We very recently had someone banned for being a disruptive, irritable and hyper-sensitive $%$# that verbally attacked anything that moved. However, it can take a bit a bit of time to calm down after being consistently on guard against insult after the barrage that many folks here received from said 'spook'. We all got a bit on edge and hopefully we'll get off of said edge soon enough and back to our typically uncivilized banter.

-Wild Bill

4. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

maybe everyone is on edge, but still i think this whole discussion went pretty civilized

no insults or threats been made, everyone made his point, no one got burned so thumbs up for everyone in this discussion

5. ABH1

ABH1 Member

So after all... whats the benedict joerg? A hunting section or not?

6. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I agree with you Tilia. No hard feelings on my side of things. We are simply people that disagree. And that's okay. I know some folks really get upset at the thought of strongly worded discussions, but to me what's more important is how it turns out in the end. I thank you for a spirited discussion yesterday. :)

7. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I think he already answered that question ABH1 - It may have been hard to spot that response among the many posted yesterday: As he stated above, he'd prefer hunting questions to remain in the general discussions forum, with no posting of 'gruesome' photos, and no sub-forum for hunting, at least at this time.

8. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

+ 1.

9. ABH1

ABH1 Member

Ok, thankyou, I didnt notice, with such a big bunch of replies, so I will say its fair for both sides then

10. nozza1234

nozza1234 New Member

I'm a mad slingshot hunter do you know if yorg hunts with a slingshot

11. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

No he does not, also his name is jörg (or at least joerg) and slingshot hunting is illegal in germany

12. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

People here usually dislike hunters, specially if they uase a slingshot. find another forum for that, nozza.

13. nozza1234

nozza1234 New Member

Sorry I didn't know I live in Australia

14. dolomite

dolomite Banned

If you read the thread, you'd have seen Jörg's post where he said he's not a hunter.

15. nozza1234

nozza1234 New Member

16. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

I don't dislike hunters. It must be done, and some people need the food.

But I dislike cruelty against anything that lives. Unfortunately most self declared "slingshot hunters" seem to bask in the glory of gory pictures of brutally killed animals. This forum isn't a place for those guys.

17. nozza1234

nozza1234 New Member

I understand I won't bring up the topic again but rabbits a overrunning Australia

18. nozza1234

nozza1234 New Member

I know and it is cruel and I get your point

19. MightyPanda

MightyPanda Junior Member

+1

With strictly enforced rules and oversight provided by two admins: one pro-hunting, one anti-hunting. The fact of the matter is a significant percentage of slingshot shooters do hunt game for the purposes of food and utility. It is also a well known fact that slingshots can be phenomenally accurate weapons that can be used to kill as humanely as a firearm.

Individual integrity is the key, if you're not proficient enough to humanely kill an animal, which you intend to eat, then don't do it. People who hunt for food are intrinsically no more 'bad' than meat eaters who purchase the product of someone else's kill from a supermarket.

20. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

This is like 2,5 years old... Zombiethread :eek: