a hunting section

Discussion in 'About the Forum' started by ABH1, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

So by that logic, asking the hijackers not to do their thing is like asking them to give up. I doubt they'll do that either - they're survivors too!

Feel free to share what you like. I've already seen animals slaughtered, it's not pretty but necessary as long as people eat meat. And I don't think you can make a case that ALL slaughterhouses are inhumane torture chambers. I'm sure some are, but their are 'clean kill' farms and slaughterhouses around that do their best to provide humane treatment. You could say the same about hunters, some have respect for their prey, others do it for sport and the thrill of the kill. You seem to think that someone who hunts their own meat is somehow better than those who don't. I prefer not to look down on others just because they don't share my point of view.

Take it easy Tilia, I've enjoyed our little conversation, but I've got to check out for a while now.

2. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

why you would kill it i dont know...

why i would kill it ?
    well being out in the taiga sometimes for more than a month im not going to carrie all that food with me... ill find and kill my food when its possibly
    ducks, rabbits squirls are now match for a sling its not inhuman... at least not as inhuman as the bio industry is

and if you want meat... and love and respect animals like you claim to do you wouldnt want to buy your meat from the supermarket
    thats inhuman

its not about one shot one kill... thats about the animals death
    its about the life the animal lived before dying, was it free to enjoy life and free to do hat it wanted... till the moment it met the hunter

let me put it this way
    if i was a animal who had to chose between being born in the bio industry or being born in the forest and get shot at the end ill be the animal in the forest

if you think about this, and honestly come to the conclusion that YOU rather be born as a pig in the bio industry
    than you have a valid point in a discussion as this

if you are like me and rather be born in the forest and life free till the day you die, you wouldn't be against the hunt

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013

3. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

There is no spoon.

4. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

there is if you create one with your mind.... belive...:D

5. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

You should probably read my other posts on this topic. I've never said I was against the hunt. Your assumption about me is incorrect. Your anger toward me is unnecessary. I was simply stating my position about thread hijacking and why some folks do it. I have yet to condemn anyone who hunts, though you seem ready to condemn those who do disagree with you.

Did you really just call me a pig? Or was that something I missed in the translation? I'm hoping that's not what you meant. I would have to say until soylent green becomes a reality, I'll not have to make that choice for myself.

And just to be clear, as I've stated previously on this forum - I have nothing against hunting or hunters, as long as they are doing it for the food and not the thrill of the kill. And since you completely ignored my comment on clean kill houses above, I will again reiterate that your over generalization of all places that bring meat to market is unjustified. Just because it's in a market does not mean it was mistreated.

6. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Last I checked there are no wild cows so hunting a cow isn't a choice. You realize there are free-range grass fed ranches all over america, correct? We have a decent number of them in California.
    The very first commercial slingshot was made by wham-oh, the same weapons company responsible for the hoola hoop and the
    slip and slide, as well as the frisbee. I've seen that episode and les admitted its more a bow than anything else.
    I'm not anti hunting, just anti slingshot hunting unless your life is in danger for reason other than going out into the wilderness of your own accord.

7. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

now one is talking about hunting cows... and there are most definitely wild cows
    the cow is not a invention of man but of nature

commercial slingshots came long.. very long after the sling was invented and there is no projectile shooting device invented if not to kill eather animal or man

and freerange still isnt free

8. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Hey everyone!

lovely place here!- even a complicated discussion is
    possible in a friendly way ;)

To me Tilia is perfectly right!- Giving up to hunger is to
    die; surrender is not an option. And to me he´s right
    to condemn industrialized meat production. If we dislike
    animals suffering we have to become vegetarians...

Out in the taiga (dunno what T does there) you are unable
    to grow cereals and vegetable, hunting HAS to be done!-
    To get ahold of the energy, the CALORIES we need..
    (because you cannot carry 100 lbs of food..)

Like the Innuit eating FRESH fish skin to receive vitamins
    ("Life-friendlies"), not doing so is surrender and death...

If we keep it "real" on meat that means suffering for other species!

(I posted the link to the "Earthlings" movie before.)

A social agreement is that killing quickly is o.k.
    (Every being will have to die its death one day!)
    - which is questionable !?

Another social agreement seems to be that we are against
    CURIOUS AND UNEXPERIENCED YOUNG PEOPLE TRYING
    TO GAIN SOME "EXPERTISE" IN KILLING SMALL GAME
    THAT CANNOT STRIKE BACK.
    SUPPOSING THAT KILLING ENDS UP IN AVOIDABLE SUFFERING
    FOR THE CREATURES AND THE HUNTER we all seem
    to agree that this IS NO GOOD!.

So to me it seems to be not that simple;- yet talking about this
    can be done without violence..

Be

9. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

withak...
    i never called you a pig
    i stated if you had to chose between being a animal born in the wild or a pig on a farm what would you rather be

and if there is no problem with responsible hunting, than there is also no problem talking about it right?

10. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Glad to hear it, just wanted to be sure

As I already stated, there is no problem talking about it, as long as all opinions, including those who choose to express them in a hijacking format, is allowed.

I've got nothing against you as a hunter Tilia. You're free to do and believe as you like just as the rest of us are also free to do so.

As for the animals, having kept a variety of domesticated animals over the years, I have yet to see one that appears unhappy to me. If anything, the white tail deer that frequent our yard have it much tougher - always on the watch for threats, constantly in fear. I know, I watch them often. They are spooked by every little thing that moves, including our squirrels. I don't know, domestication may not be that bad after all.

11. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Not on my side of the globe, definately no wild cows. The beef cow is an invention of man as is the domestic dog,cat,chicken,pig, etc.

We've been talking slingshot not sling. Wham-o made the first commercial one,
    wham-o is a toy company.

The paintball gun and airsoft are two projectile devices expressly made to not
    harm man or animal. Nerf as well. Water guns. T-shirt and hotdog guns. Water balloon throwers, that's 7 right there.

In a truly free environment, all domestic animals would starve to death, that would be cruel.

My uncle Bob(rest his soul) was a hunting/fishing guide for many years, trust me when I say he killed humanely, trust as well I have no problem with a humane and quick kill. Trust also that he'd go ballistic at the thought of an unclean slingshot kill. This, not hunting, is the issue I have. Unclean kills.

12. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

but that's nature...that's how its supposed to be
    man kind lost there connection with nature, that's why we don't live in balance with the planet, and that's why the planet has so many problems
    its mankind's softness, zachte heelmeesters maken stinkende wonden (soft heal masters make stinking wounds) we say in the netherlands

its the arrogance of man that f..ks everything up

13. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

once again commercial is long after the first invention

paintball marker is invented to mark cattle so you can pick one out for slaughter for example. airsoft is made first to simulate killing and train killing
    then evolved in to a killing game as so paintball

i have the same dislike for bad shooters and hunters who shoot without being sure of a clean kill... we call it the american way of hunting

14. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

I don't frown upon hunting, as it must be done and some people need the food on their table.

I don't like hunting myself, as I can't stand the hunter's sadness after the kill, and I find all that waiting unbearably boring. But if I had to do it to feed my family, that would change everything.

I am just not certain if there would be enough slingshot related content to fill a whole subforum. I have seen hunting subs elsewhere that developed into a gruesome picture gallery for perverts. I don't want that here.

So for now I think general slingshot related hunting threads might be posted in the "general" sub. But a gallery to post questionable dead animal pics, no, not here.

15. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

i dont think that it would be beneficial to anyone to post pics of the kills... i agree
    but as long as i or anyone else can have a place where i can post my questions on witch bands or ammo or things like that i would be happy

that's the info that is relevant for the clean hunt and kill

general discussion then it is

16. dolomite

dolomite Banned

that's just rude and ignorant, there are more clean hunters here than bad ones. Why insult my country when we were having a discussion? Theres plenty of ignorant things some americans say about your country but I've the respect to not repeat them. Do you personally know any american hunters? Have you visited our country? You'd find that your uninformed opinion is far from the truth.
    You don't see americans acting like you are some pothead burnout just because of amsterdams unrealistic reputation. Why go to insult when questioned?

17. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I agree with Dolo - why the sudden insult to Americans? That doesn't seem very polite.

18. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

yes ive hunted with many americans.. and if we are talking about bad hunters then im talking mainly about them
    its not to insult its how it is
    and its silly to be insulted if you are not one of those hunters

ive seen americans take shots through heavy brush or shoot at 400meters, resulting in animals limping away and not being found.... they didnt survive and slowy died in vain. dutch hunters dont do that

its just how its called in several european country's, because the european and american way of hunting an definition of a clean kill seems to be different

19. dolomite

dolomite Banned

I'd add that in america a dirty kill is an illegal kill, get your hunting rights pulled and you fined and maybe jail time.
    That said dirty kill can't be the american way, can it?

20. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

take for example the famous hunting video of sarah pallin or the dick chenney hunting incident
    good examples of what we in holland call the american way