a hunting section

Discussion in 'About the Forum' started by ABH1, Oct 29, 2013.

1. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

Has he said charge yet?

Meh captain kitten reporting for duteh..... Meow

image.jpg

J

2. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Hahahaha! As you usually say: "I loves it"

Boy, you are the man!

3. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

can any one direct me to one of those fora where they do discuss hunting?

imho i agree with hijacking a threat when its a problem from a other forum spilling over to here or when its about senseless killing
    but a serious threat to discuss witch bands or ammo are better or how to sneak up to your pray would be welcome

hijacking anything you don't agree on is like a 6 years old child sticking its fingers it its ears and going NANANANAN I CANT HEAR YOU

but go ahead get your meat from the bio industry....+ i will do that as less as possible cause unlike those who do i love and respect the animals to much to make them suffer there entire live in concentration camps till they go to thew slaughter house

just my two cents

and you dont HAVE to read what you dont want to know

4. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

www.slingshotforum.com

They have a hunting section there. Plenty of blood and gore to marvel over for those who enjoy it.

I think what you'll find is that not all the folks here are against hunting, but are rather concerned about hunting humanely. Unfortunately, a slingshot is probably not the best choice for a hunting weapon when a clean, quick kill is in order, which is why you are seeing the response here. Many folks here love animals and don't want to see them suffer needlessly - even those that support hunting. Since this is primarily a slingshot related forum, then the discussion would seem to assume a slingshot is involved. And in the hands of someone that doesn't have the skill or training, they are more likely to hurt or maim rather than kill, at least with the first shot. Read some of the previous threads on this site and you'll see that expressed over and over again.

No one is making a case for slaughterhouses, what they are making a case for is treating animals, even those you plan to hunt for food, with respect. We've already seen some folks that seem to treat it more like a game, with little concern for the animal itself. That's why you're seeing the hijack crew standing by.

And, this thread has yet to be 'officially' hijacked. You can tell because there are no recipes...yet.

5. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

yes its a slingshot forum about slingshot related issues
    how do you think a slingshot came to be??
    where it was created for??

it was ment to be and is a hunting devise, and i agree its not always the best... for example you shouldn't try to kill a moose with one, but a pigeon on the other hand on 30 40ft is a good food source and a liable target

a small group trying to decide what the greater group may or may not discuss is imho just an other form of intolerant and smells a bit like fascism
    and is just as counter productive as a forum where every threat is just closed

6. Brazilviking

The forum itself is international. But managed by a german, that answer to german laws. Hunting is ilegal in Germany. A little interpretation issue could lead them to believe that Joerg suports hunting and result on legal trouble for him.
    Anyway, I believe that there are plenty of other forums about that. Why is that so necessary to be a hunting section in here? Where many mates dislike or even hate it? It would work just like a candy section on a diabetes forum. I don't believe that haters will go after a proper hunting forum. Leave this one for slingshots, sport shooting, crafting and zombie hunting.

7. Brazilviking

The forum itself is international. But managed by a german, that answer to german laws. Hunting is ilegal in Germany. A little interpretation issue could lead them to believe that Joerg suports hunting and result on legal trouble for him.
    Anyway, I believe that there are plenty of other forums about that. Why is that so necessary to be a hunting section in here? Where many mates dislike or even hate it? It would work just like a candy section on a diabetes forum. I don't believe that haters will go after a proper hunting forum. Leave this one for slingshots, sport shooting, crafting and zombie hunting.

8. Brazilviking

9. xXdoomXx

It isn't illegal where I live you only need to own the land and other stuff where I live cats used to get shot 15 years ago if they were 10 meters away from here house .... Scary

J

10. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

support and discussing hunting in germany or the netherlands (witch has even stricter laws) for that matter will NOT get you in any trouble
    that's a non-argument imho

hunting does, discussing hunting does not

its about the fact that some people are against suffering of animals... that itself is a good thing.... so am I

but people arent basing there opinions on facts but on emotion
    if they arent vegan than honestly they dont have a legg to stand on, cause if you consume meat and or use animal products
    that means a animal was killed, and buying it in a supermarket doesnt clean your hand of the blood
    it just means you don't care enough about animals to stop the real suffering... i find that very hypocritical

who hear likes to go to mac donalds???? they spread a 100 fold of suffering, but do it for the kids....with a laughing clown.... so that's ok then

11. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I'm not sure where you get your facts on that. I've researched the history of slingshots and everything I've read so far indicate they were made to be nothing more than a novelty, a child's toy - and they didn't/couldn't have existed prior to the invention of vulcanized rubber in the 1800's.

I suspect you rather refer to the sling, which was a weapon and has been in use for far longer, likely thousands, of years. The slingshot was adapted to uses such as hunting, but again, it doesn't appear based on actual information that was the intent in creating it.

And no one is preventing anyone from having a discussion. Hijacking doesn't stop a discussion, it is a way for people to express their opinions in opposition to the thread topic or certain posts. It's an acceptable way for people to express themselves here, as the forum owner, Joerg, has already approved its use. This forum, unlike the 'other' forum does not stop people from discussing these topics. But, if you can bring up a sensitive topic, one that you know is going to get a rise from certain people, you shouldn't be so sensitive as to not allow those who disagree a response of their own. It sounds to me like you want a 'private' area where only 'hunters' can discuss these things. There are not private threads here. All are open to all others to view and all are welcome to comment, regardless of the content.

Your hunting discussion can freely continue. And those who disagree can freely continue to insert their comments. That's what I like about this forum.

I would say if anyone is trying to control the debate, it's those who say others shouldn't be allowed into the conversation just because you don't like the way they do it. Just sayin'.

12. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

slings are even older, but slingshots exist from before rubber, more like a bow type native tribes use them to hunt

and i forbid now one to react, im just questioning the reason why some one would react on a topic that doesn't please them because the are badly informed or sometime even down right hypocritical

cant find the video with the natural tribes, but this is a old disign for hunting slingshot from before the rubber

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe781_S34Ls[/ame]

13. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

but come at me with your recipes, and ill show you a way to get the meat for the recipe... hows about that:D

now everyone starts looking for vegan recipes....:eek:

14. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

You can certainly post recipes Tilia, it's encouraged!

As to the video, Les Stroud may call that bow with a pouch a slingshot, but the definition I'm thinking of is the one you'll find in sources like Webster's, etc:

a forked stick, to which an elastic strap (or a pair of elastic bands connected by a small sling) is fastened to the two prongs, typically used for shooting small stones.

The key being a forked stick with elastic straps or bands. The energy generated is in the bands, not the wood. That did not exist prior to the mid 1800's and that slingshot, from everything I've read to date, was not developed initially as a hunting device - it was later adapted as such. Just because Les Stroud calls his bow with a pouch a 'slingshot', doesn't necessarily make it one. Look like a bow to me.

As to why people would react to a topic that doesn't please them???? Really? Do you not follow politics, religion or any other subject where there are strong feelings on each side? People have opinions and they like to express them. They don't limit their speech only to topics they agree with. Freedom of speech in my country means that all sides have a right to express their opinions, regardless of their position on a topic. And believe me, it can get downright dirty and nasty. The threadjackers here are expressing an opinion. They don't agree. That's all. They're not stopping anyone from having a conversation, but they are expressing the freedom granted them by the forum owner, and that's how they do it. Other forums may consider closing or locking a topic, but not here.

Continue with your conversation Tilia, you have every right to do so, but those who disagree with that point of view have the same right to weigh in as well. Saying they shouldn't be doing what they're doing starts to approach a line of censorship that I don't think you're intending to promote. I suggest just going with the flow and enjoy it. Threadjacking here is good-natured fun, but carries with it an underlying tone of disapproval or dissent. I think I prefer their methods over simple angry thread posts in response to something they don't like.

15. Brazilviking

No.... There is meat on a supermarket!!! And good one!

16. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

ill shame any one eating meat from bio industry...

people doing that have no respect and no love for animals and are very sadistic imho...

ive worked on farms and in slaughter houses and its repulsing

and i will show you that to if you really want

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  17. Brazilviking

And as you see, no hijacking until now. We are having a civilized conversation and everyone is polite.

18. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

i will not go with the flow

thats like surrendering... giving up.... im a survivor.... we dont give up else its game over

you all have your opinion and i have mine, as long as we can disuse it its ok,

19. xXdoomXx

On page 3 well said....

J

20. Brazilviking

We want meat. We won't stop the slaughter houses from existing.
    We won't kill a cow with a slingshot. If I raise a cow, I can't kill it.
    Hunting with weapons different than slingshots would not make sense here.

Why would I kill a wild life, somehow protected in it's enviroment?
    Add a few more kills for the ones that already happen? With the risk of causing suffering? No one is so accurate to be "one shot, one kill"
    This argument used by hunters, about bio industry and slaughter houses is pretty ilogic to me.