A Hand Mortar

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by CEZ, Jul 28, 2013.

1. CEZ

CEZ New Member

Hi Guys,

I haven't been here for a while but I'm back with a new slingshot. It's Joergs Hand Mortar design, made from 18mm multiplex and Wenge wood. I have stained the multi with Windsor and Newton black indian ink and finished with linseed oil, I really like how it came out. I have had 3 fork hits to the multiplex but it held up well and I managed to fix it every time.

[​IMG]

I thought it's an awesome design from Joerg but you don't see many of them on the forum. It proved very comfortable for hammer grip and not bad for finger support, really got into that style of shooting thanks to this one. Much less hand-slap with finger support. I have shot at least 500 shots with it and my pouch hand hurts more than the frame hand, so the frames definitely good.

[​IMG]

I have tried a couple of different band setups but currently it's banded up with 2x 25-20mm TBG per side for .51 cal lead, I don't know how much fps it can do with that setup but the ammo digs itself deep into trees and that's good enough for me.

Hope you like it, it's definitely my favorite right now.

Cheers

2. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I like it!!!! What is that bice carving on the grip?

3. zurdoman95

zurdoman95 Member

very cool seems quite powerful

4. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Very nice! Love the dark design too, very stealthy! Great work!

5. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

I agree Will, the dark design would be very nice in the dark... Unless you dropped it.

6. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

beautiful work!

clean anatomical curves and even the pouch is very "stylish"!

maybe i will switch to hammergrip too. didn't have any problems to pull bands for up to 25 mm steel yet with finger support and lanyard but i'm curious if i can get even more power out of it with hammergrip. sadly i have not enough time to build me one in near future but i hope jörgs hand mortar is in the shops soon.

did i say yours is a real beauty already? no? oh, ... very nice slingshot you have made! love the color too!

7. CEZ

CEZ New Member

Thanks guys!
    Brazilviking
    The carvings are just the Wenge wood grain, it's incredible.

8. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

A very nice piece to make a come back with. Well done!

9. LW

LW New Member

Very nice one CEZ, love that wood and the tactical look too. Looks like big hollow pins is the new trend. :D
    Holy ****, .51 cal. Led,:eek: you can kill an Elephant… and your Pouch design is very impressive. Can it withstand the force of double TBG and the weight of .51 cal Led?

Nice Work, nice comeback… :)

10. Antraxx

Antraxx #7

Nice one.
    Is the size copied from any kinf of blueprint or is it guessed? It looks larger compared to Jörgs ones.

11. Brazilviking

Amazing grain indeed!

12. CEZ

CEZ New Member

LW
    Yes, it's kangaroo leather, I have done at least 10 pouches with it and only had one break, it was dental floss thin.

Antraxx
    It's guessed from Joergs photos of the hand mortar. I don't think it's much bigger besides the tips which are 2.5cm wide and a little lower than the original.

13. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Nice Work, the Grip looks very Beautifull ;)

14. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Did you consider the size of Joerg's palms? :)
    -
    Very good pictures of a really nice slingshot! :D

15. Brazilviking

Indeed, every slingshot looks small in his hands.... Does anybody knows his height?

16. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

They even wrote a song about it!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsCp5LG_zNE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsCp5LG_zNE[/ame]

Hey, wait... They pronounce "grain" all wrong! :D

17. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

maybe just the local accent, heheh ...

maybe we should dedicate a special song to every slingshot fitting to it's shape, color, ...

18. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

This is a beauty, you did it great mate. I love the black color of it. Welcome back.
    PS: Don' t kill trees specially if you don' t eat them. ;) :p