A great trade!!

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by codido187, Jan 15, 2014.

1. codido187

codido187 New Member

First and foremost I would like to say thank you to withak for the great trade. I asked withak if he was up for a trade made a few paracord items for him a ammo pouch, rock sling, a retractable lanyard and some extra para cord and he sent me an amazing slingshot and some ammo. don't explain this beauty
    ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1389837493.628035.jpg ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1389837508.028537.jpg
    And he sent me some ammo and extra bands. I can't wait to go plinking next weekend :)

2. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Wow! Looks like you got an awesome slingshot my friend! I hope that you really enjoy shooting that!
    Withak is a great guy, and has quickly become an excellent builder. Cheers to you both!!

3. PaulPawx3

PaulPawx3 Member

Man, now I am going to have to learn how to make paracord stuff too, just to keep up :D nice work

4. codido187

codido187 New Member

Hey did excellent I am so excited to go shoot it!!! And yeah paracord projects are fun I'm not very good I still learning but it comes in handy to learn a few knots and some little stuff

5. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

I have no doubt that it will shoot like a Champ! Enjoy!

6. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Fantastic looking shooter.

7. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

great work withak!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Slingshot Forum mobile app

8. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Good stuff!

Regular swapshop around here :)

9. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Codido - I'm glad you like it. It was a fun shooter to make and, like always, I got to learn something new in the process. I hope it works out well for you. As for the paracord items you sent me, I'll try and get some photos taken and posted on this thread sometime tonight. I've been thinking of trying some paracord work myself, so this gives me a reason to look more closely at it. Stay tuned for some photos later...

Thanks again to everyone else for your kind comments on the slingshot!

10. codido187

codido187 New Member

Paracord projects are fun some are extremely hard like a Turks head knot it is hard but it's fun and worth it I wish I could get to the wood working and creativity that you had making my slingshot

11. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Practice, practice, practice, along with studying the work of others. That's all I've done. As for creativity, I'm not overflowing with it. The design of this one is definitely not mine and was an exact copy of one made for me by Flipgun, who adapted his from Bill Hayes. I've really done very little wood working before about 6 months ago, but I am a tradesman and I can competently use some tools, others, I can learn. Just keep working at it and you'll be up there with the rest of them in no time.

12. codido187

codido187 New Member

Well you did excellent for not doing wood working. And I'm going to practice practice practice and practice some more. The slingshot you made me shoots perfect I hit a can with a marble from a decent distance.

13. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I just wanted to share what I received in trade from Codido187. When he contacted me asking if I'd be willing to do a trade, he offered up some paracord items in exchange for a slingshot. I told him I was hoping to try my hands at my first multiplex slingshot, which you've seen here in this thread and in my previous thread.

Now, here is what he sent me:

* a paracord bracelet - very well made, and my first one
    * a nice retractable lanyard with a belt clip, a really nice touch
    * some extra pieces of paracord
    * a paracord ammo pouch - I had requested this because I'd seen them before, and he agreed to give it a try - it's a tough item to make and he did a great job on his first one!
    * a surprise - he decided to try his hand at another item - a paracord rock sling. The work on this one is tight - the weave is really well done and very cool. My daughter took one look and wanted it for herself. Maybe I'll share, but I want to try it first :)

It was a pleasure to make this trade with a new member. I've come to really enjoy making these trades as a way to get to know folks better. I'm ready for a little break for now, but I'm looking forward to the next Global Trade sometime this year! Thanks again Codido187!

Attached Files:

14. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

You can do some great stuff with paracord! And you're right, some creations are very challenging! I successfully made a Monkeys Fist, using an 8 oz lead cannonball fishing sinker for the core.

15. codido187

codido187 New Member

I made a monkeys fist out of a stress ball it was hard I upped it to big Manila rope

16. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Cool - I've had my eyes on some monkey fists - I was kind of eyeing some that were made with 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" steel balls - not too huge, but big enough to pack a wallop.

What was the diameter of that 8oz lead sinker?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  17. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Codido187, good show, man, good show! You used your skills, expanded them as well, and put together some fine articles. I noticed that your weave technique is very tight and symmetrical- no easy task with such a material as paracord. May I say again, well done!

-Wild Bill

18. codido187

codido187 New Member

Thank you wild bill it's the one skill I have learned recently and I'm still expanding y knowledge I don't use a loom or a jig either it's all by hand and with patience it comes out even lol thank god or I'd be all messed up in still learning and I hope to make more paracord items and slingshots.

19. codido187

codido187 New Member

And no problem withak I enjoyed making it and if I have some spare cordage around I could make your daughter a paracord hammock for her stuffed animals I enjoyed trying my hand at some new stuff and I am very thankful for my slingshot it is awesome and I'm going to shoot it all weekend on my on call weekend :)

20. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Nice paracord work :) I like the rock sling, I made a very simple one a while back and found it really difficult. This one looks tight, symmetrical and very well woven. Cool trade :)