A gift from Dan Hood.

Discussion in 'Conventional slingshots' started by Axel, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Axel

Axel Member

A gift from Dan arrived a while ago.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6JxNLw4CZg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6JxNLw4CZg[/ame]

2. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Yet more proof that Dan, like so many members of this community, are generous to a fault.

3. Diaboloslinger

Diaboloslinger New Member

That's a wonderful video! Dan, that is a genius use of a connecting rod, I'll have to harvest one from my parts bin to do the same thing. Seldomly a day goes by, where I open this forum, and Dan hasn't done something generous and poignant...

4. TheDaddy187

TheDaddy187 Administrator

nice... very innovative... axel, your boy shoots backwards like i do... dont often see others shoot my way

5. bigdh2000

bigdh2000 Administrator

Awesome video. Glad your son got to reveal the tie rod idea and likes it. The only danger is a broken toe if he ever drops it. Sorry about the other shooter. At least you have some firewood with that one.

All the best to your son in his shooting endeavors. Man, third place is solid in that group he shot with at the tournament.

6. seppman

seppman Folding-Ladder Expert

A cool gift and nice shooting! But!!!! Buuuuut... your son is not wearing any crocs? No shoes at all!!!! :)

7. Axel

Axel Member

Thats why he missed the can seppman:D

8. TheNewSlingshotGuy

TheNewSlingshotGuy AKA- "The Raccoon"

Every time I think I have an original idea.....BAM!!! Someone already did it! :p I'll have to find a way to get one of those connecting rods. Very nice Dan!
    Btw:
    You should really get you're young one some eye protection man....

9. bigdh2000

bigdh2000 Administrator

Some build and glamour shots.

Attached Files:

RickOchet and Antonio Filipe like this.
  10. Jeb

Jeb Baba Hunter

Very cool shooter. Looks very "Terminator-esque". Love it. Nice work, Dan. Great vid, Axel.

11. GunGuy

GunGuy Active Member

This is a brilliant idea. I have a brother-in-law that works for a piston manufacturer and he asked me to make him a slingshot. I will be stealing this idea for sure.

12. bigdh2000

bigdh2000 Administrator

Help yourself.

13. thepocketshot

thepocketshot The Pocket Shot

Nice! Looks really fun.

14. bigdh2000

bigdh2000 Administrator

Apparently this idea is finally catching on. Seen it in several locations in the past two weeks.

This renews my desire to acquire a piston tie rod from a semi or tractor-trailer engine. If anyone has one I would love to trade.

15. seppman

seppman Folding-Ladder Expert

Not knowing the word "piston", I had to look it up... HA! Now the "piston cup" from the 1st "Cars" movie my son loves so much shines in a completly different light! I always thought it's just a name of the track or the city! Thanks for making me learn, Dan! :)

16. Diaboloslinger

Diaboloslinger New Member

@ Dan: I have some pretty large connecting rods, but they're not from a tractor or semi. I can provide you with three if you are interested.

17. bigdh2000

bigdh2000 Administrator

Let's work a trade man. Send me a PM with what you would like.

18. Antonio Filipe

Antonio Filipe New Member

Cool criativity!!!

bigdh2000 likes this.