A Couple Nattys- Oak And Funky Dogwood

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Bighaze51, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Bighaze51

Bighaze51 Professional Amateur Dude

Got to new girls for y'all to check out. The first I made yesterday. I found a dead branch laying behind the bushes at one of the abandoned houses at work. Had a nice fork on it so I cut it and stashed in the truck. The bark came off nice and easy and she sanded down nicely. Finished in BLO and beeswax.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up is a dogwood fork I found this morning. I almost didn't use it because it looked so rough on the outside. But I figured there may be a treasure inside. The more I rasped the more excited I got. This one turned out sweet. I can't remember who but someone posted in a thread a while back about sticking duct tape on the back of sandpaper so can use the strips like emery cloth. It basically gives you a durable strip of sandpaper that you can use to sand faster. That was the trick with this one. I'm really happy with how this turned out. I finished it with BLO and beeswax as well. :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh yeah, the fork it's leaning on is another peice of dogwood from the same tree. I'm stashing that one for later

2. MountainStorm

MountainStorm Termite

What a color combo on the bottom one!

3. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

Bottom is my fave

J

4. Bighaze51

Bighaze51 Professional Amateur Dude

Me too! By the way, don't know if you saw the pic but I banded up that spalted pecan. That thing is a beast! It's me best shooter so far. Scary accurate