A Chimichanga

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by WildBill, Dec 21, 2013.

1. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

While I was making the recent Slingshot Trade Bump song, I was also making some Chimichangas with cheese sauce. Toni made the pulled beef with peppers, whilst I made the tortillas and fried potatoes to go in them, along with a cheese sauce to top them. Here's a photo of the result-

-Wild Bill

Attached Files:

2. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Soo good you made those! Because: we really need some!
    Please just come over to bring some!
    No sweat!- I mean, it´s 1:00a.m- If you are here in about
    12 hours, let´s say, that would still be perfectly fine!

Thanks in advance!-

Be (hungry :) )

.. have a perfect evening, please!..

3. WildBill

Sie sind meine dumme Freundin. Sie lassen mich lächeln immer.

Edit- I hope I said that right...

-Wild Bill

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  4. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Bill, you've posted a photo of a tasty treat, but no recipe to accompany it. Are you trying to rub our noses in it? Or will you help us to have a chance to try this ourselves? Unless of course you do want to ship a bunch by overnight air to people all around the globe - I'm personally fine with that one myself. We'll all be waiting. Probably better get to work.

5. WildBill

Unfortunately, I don't have a recipe for the pulled beef- my wife made it and she didn't follow one; she just cooked by instinct. The potatoes are just diced, boiled and, after cooling, fried in oil. The cheese sauce is milk, Velveeta, Tapatio sauce, sage and chili powder. The tortilla recipe I have posted here previously.

-Wild Bill

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  6. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Ah Velveeta. That's a good base for just about anything. And sage in the cheese sauce - I don't think I've heard of that before. When I think sage I either think breakfast sausage or roast turkey. I do a pulled pork that I imagine is made in a similar fashion to the pulled beef. For that matter, I imagine pulled pork would be a fine substitute.

7. FilipNilssob

FilipNilssob Lactose is my Kryptonite

Why did you post that!? I'm hungry now :p

8. pelleteer

pelleteer Middle Aged Delinquent

That looks sooooooo tasty. :cool: Doc says I'm not supposed to eat stuff like that anymore (getting old sucks :D). I guess having one every once in a while wouldn't kill me, but I don't have that much willpower. If I eat one...well, you know. :mad::D

9. WildBill

Dude, I'm your age and even a bit older, and this I know- doctors can only tell me what they've read about unless they've taken the time to study me- and none do that. They just glance at me and spew what the books say. To wit- I've had a doctor weighing over 400 pounds tell me I need to lose weight. Credibility?

Keep moving! Eat 'til your full and not more! Laugh at most things! That's advice that will keep you healthier than what most doctors are willing to tell you.

-Wild Bill

10. pelleteer

pelleteer Middle Aged Delinquent

A great philosophy. :cool:

11. ForumTech

ForumTech Administrator Staff Member

I love those things. You can get them in most Tex Mex restaurants here in Texas.