..a birthday-gift for my girl..slingshot related.. somehow..

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by fabi, Jun 1, 2014.

1. fabi

fabi Junior Member

Servus and Hello Fellas..

i was off for the last weeks after my first posts, which is not a nice way to introduce myself into this forum.. no excuse, but i was very busy with a moving and lots of work.. :rolleyes:

..and beside this, i build a birthday present for my girl.. she´s moving to cologne and needs some shelfes, which i build from old wine boxes.. not my idea, but i like it, and have it in my own living room for years, too..
    ..it´s all made from cardboard, popsicle sticks an l.o.v.e. :D

..so this is a gift-card somehow, to show her, what she will get..
    ..and there is a slingshot in it, the smallest one, i build so far..
    ..theraband gold, leather pouch and it shoots a hole into a beercan.. :D

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

..this took some time, but i´ll be more present in here in the future, i promise ;)

cheers,
    fabi

..p.s.: could somebody give me a hint how to delete the attached images at the end of the post? i see them two times..

____

Attached Files:

2. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

That little ss is just too cool.
    You have great dexterity to make and tie it.(and to make the great models like that one)

I'm sure your sweetie will love it.

3. fabi

fabi Junior Member

..merci! :)

..it´s just a simple constrictor knot to hold the ss together, don´t know how long it lasts..
    but it was much fun to build this, and i definetely will do some more of these as presents :D

4. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

I love it when someone makes a small scale version of a larger item.

I have several miniature tools, and a huge hot wheels collection that is packed away in storage.

plenty of other tiny replicas too.

That is a very sweet mini shooter, and nice shelfie box too.

As for taking a break from the forum, I sure don't have a problem, but please do try to check in and let us know you are okay from time to time.

5. bigdh2000

bigdh2000 Administrator

6. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

This must form a new class of shooter. I hereby dub this a 'micro mini.'
    I really enjoy checking out your work, please keep sharing!

7. Antraxx

Antraxx #7

Amazing work man, i bet she will love it.
    One can easily see how much work and time went into it!
    Really beautiful and a very nice idea...reminds me a bit of those charming first Wallace and Gromit Movies :)

8. TheDaddy187

TheDaddy187 Administrator

very nice, i used to build miniature versions of rooms in my house from shoeboxes as a child... always loved to create things, and this reminds me of much simpler times...
    constrictor knots are perfect for holding bands in place, the slingshots i make use just a constrictor knot and i have never had one fail on me (yet)
    though my last build used constrictor knot i also wrapped more cord around (this was mainly to make the ends look a little neater)
    i use a small clip that came free with 2 part epoxy to hold bands exactly where i want them while i tie them in place
    TD

9. FilipNilssob

FilipNilssob Lactose is my Kryptonite

Dude, Call guniess world record! Maybe worlds smallest functioning slingshot?

10. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Looking at the measurement of that pouch, it should easily handle a .177cal (4.5mm) BB! Treat it like a tiny PFS, and I'll bet that little rascal will shoot just fine. Unfortunately, there is a very important element missing from the little room - where is the catch box? You have a mini slingshot, but no mini catch box for the target?

Very nice work on this model, I really like it. I just can't show it to my daughter or she'll expect the same from me :) And I just don't have those skills.

11. slingpit

slingpit Slingshot addicted

Very nice tiny work. Last year or a little bit later at the forum there was a contest to build the smallest slingshot. There were build a lot of small SS, but this one is hard to top.

12. fabi

fabi Junior Member

Hey Guys, thanks a lot :)

@whithak: a mini catchbox is in the making ;)

@FilipNilssob: haha, great idea, but i wait, till my new one is finished which only will be 13mm high :D

cheers,
    fabi

13. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

That is extremely cool! Awesome idea, nicely done! :)