72lb handmade Compound Crossbow!

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by The Art Of Weapons, Jan 12, 2014.

1. here is the video of my compound crossbow!
    it pretty much explains everything but if you have any questions just ask away!
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD8WzjOC0Kw[/ame]

2. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

great work TAOW!! i like it!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Slingshot Forum mobile app

3. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

Nice job. you may want to look for another way to bind the tent poles, if you're interested in the aesthetics. It seems perfectly functional though. Again, great job taow, I always look forward to your posts

4. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

If u go to big 5 or a sort of sporting goods, they sell 10-15 lb kids bows, they're horrible but I found that if u take off the fiberglass from the handle, the the fiberglass is extremely strong. Just an idea for u

5. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Good work! This looks like its going to be a great design, since you've got the prototype functioning so well!
    I was curious about perhaps placing the tent poles inside a sleeve of PVC. I think this would really clean up the design and even add some power

6. thanks for all of your kind words!
    the tent poles could be hidden within some pvc but in the uk it is hard to get some that will add any power to the bow

7. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Really nice, great work!!

8. thanks for the idea
    that might be a good place to get some recurved fiberglass because tent poles are straight

9. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

Very very awesome

J