6 meters abuse

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Arturo Borquez, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

hello, I've never done a video so close to target ... I knew it would be merciless abuse but it's fun the fast speed sensation with the butterfly draw hehe ... the sun was in front so the image doesn't worth much ...
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CiM-FgtCkU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CiM-FgtCkU[/ame]
    regards
    Arturo

2. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

You

You are a Bad Ass-
    assin of bottle tops!

Distance is meaningless to your kind..

you transcended space...

"Badapp!"

:)

Greetings to the place of constant blue sky!

Cheers to Chile!

Be

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014

3. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Hey! My shooting has been at six meters (with plenty of posted videos to prove it) and I still can't hit sh!t! Admit it, Arturo! You are the Chilean Prophet of Slingshots! God Himself guides each of your shots! You are one with the target and will its destruction into being! The universe shifts itself to ensure that every shot you make hits home! You are just freakishly awesome and we all want your baby!!!

-Wild Bill

4. beaverIII73

beaverIII73 Junior Member

Bottle caps and pop cans run for cover, Arturo has a new SS to try out. I cant wait for some nice weather like that. Thanks for sharing again. I always enjoy watching you shoot.

5. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

If we were all to be on the zombie apocalypse team, (a team of slingshot shooters) Arturo would be the one we'd call on the make the impossible shots.

Our team's sniper!

6. Arturo Borquez

Hey WildBill, I am not an expert (on conventional ss's) so I don't know if the following will worth ... when I took the PFS's (which was very different as I also decided the butterfly draw) I decided to start all over again, I started shooting the catchbox without a target, just point and shoot (no matter where the hit was), was a simple method, "feel all OK, then shoot" feeling all OK means every relaxed muscle and every tense muscle of your WHOLE body is as it should be, absolutely no distraction on a blank mind that only feels "it's OK" ... soon I realize that many shoots where hitting the same area so I put the target there and BAM !! ... second step was changing target and shooter position and distance in little steps, seems after thousand shoots your subconscious "memory bank" knows when feels OK for every situation, at that point you will be able to hit small targets or miss very close all the time ...
    Arturo

7. Arturo Borquez

so when all feels OK ... shoot !
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASPZHI5V6fo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASPZHI5V6fo[/ame]
    Arturo

Thank you ALL guys for your nice comments !
    cheers

8. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Damn....... Damn............ Damn......................................... Arturo.............................................

-Wild Bill

9. Sidewalkhunter

Sidewalkhunter Hoden

i like to add "damn" by the dozen.....
    i'll start making my own pfs right now, have to try this....have to...!
    thanks for inspiration.

10. buckshot500

I was looking at the larger branch I cut my recent sweetgum fork from a few days ago.

I put my camp saw in the truck so I can cut a length of thicker limb, for a try at making a PFS something like Arturo's newest one.

We are getting more snow, so I'll try to get it tomorrow morning if I go to work. I can't wait to try that shape out full butterfly. I also can't wait to try and re-create that shape, since it has been on my mind so much over the last few weeks.

11. Arturo Borquez

glad you liked friend, after getting used you will not regret I bet ! ... post it when done, I would be very happy to watch your replica !
    regards
    Arturo

12. buckshot500

I did get that branch this morning, This wood does not like to be sawed, even with a sharp hand saw. Quite a workout at 7am.

I may cut a bit off tomorrow and start microwaving it.