The Slingshot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am making a 5yr a sling shot and wanted to see if anyone knew of a great band/strap/tube that would work best. He is not a huge big kid so I was thinking something he can pull back and have fun with. I dont want to buy a pre-made band from a department store as those seem to be a little tough for a small kid to pull back.
If you know of a band/tube/strap that would work please let me know.
Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Administrator
10,887 Posts
Look for BB shooter threads and bands. These are about the correct draw strength for marshmallows.

·
2,513 Posts
Go for the weakest strength exercise bands you can find and make a set of flatbands. That what I did fir my little one. Perfect for plastic BBs

·
Premium Member
4,431 Posts
Theraband Red is a good choice.

-Wild Bill

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PERFECT!!!
Thank you all very much I will give them a try. I never thought of a marshmallow slingshot, this would be best fitting for my son and for my windows!.
Thanks again everyone for the comments I never expected to hear comments so fast.

·
Slinger of Shots
2,070 Posts
My 5yo daughter has 10mm wide theraband blue bandsets. Easy draw, still good for chickpeas and plastik bbs

·
Registered
250 Posts
I will post the Pink Plinker when I get home here is my 5year old shooting the "Blue Bomber" a nice little natty from The New Sling shot guy from last year. Blue thera bands he Still LOVES that sling shot

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
pink plinker and blue bomber

here is the pink plinker and blue bomber, with Mattman shooting BB. I got the BB from The Raccoon in one of my early trades, and the pink plinker is a tatter peeler from Jeb, i was doing a Global Trade with him and he did a drawing and I won the plinker. BB is set up with 3/4" tappered blue TB and the PP is the file bands braided all singles. the BB is faster but both are not hard for 4 or 6 year old to shoot. we shoot small pea gravel from the driveway or 25 cal steel.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
oh yea the other was in the same bag, it is a dog chew (not Nyla bone) nice curve and comfortable in the hand, bands are 107 Sterlings. I cut the inside of the knobs off on this one I don't think I will do that on the next ones. I like these, cheap, and ready to go.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thats awesome

I just got through carving my sons out of oak and have to make some final touches. Its taken me a while as I am trying to not use power tools on this one so I will appreciate it more. The tree had been dead for a while and the wood is hard as steel. It will look good I hope.
Greta pics, thanks for that

1 - 13 of 13 Posts