5yr old slingshot

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by sambo, Jan 25, 2016.

1. sambo

sambo New Member

I am making a 5yr a sling shot and wanted to see if anyone knew of a great band/strap/tube that would work best. He is not a huge big kid so I was thinking something he can pull back and have fun with. I dont want to buy a pre-made band from a department store as those seem to be a little tough for a small kid to pull back.
    If you know of a band/tube/strap that would work please let me know.
    Thanks for your help in advance.

2. TheDaddy187

TheDaddy187 Administrator

i thought it was a slingshot thats 5 years old...

for kids, mini marshmallows and use baloons for bands...

the kind baloon animals are made from

3. vestlenning

vestlenning Sling it!

I have made several slingshots for kids using Dankung 2040 tubes rigged like this:

Attached Files:

4. bigdh2000

bigdh2000 Administrator

Look for BB shooter threads and bands. These are about the correct draw strength for marshmallows.

5. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Go for the weakest strength exercise bands you can find and make a set of flatbands. That what I did fir my little one. Perfect for plastic BBs

6. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Theraband Red is a good choice.

-Wild Bill

7. sambo

sambo New Member

PERFECT!!!
    Thank you all very much I will give them a try. I never thought of a marshmallow slingshot, this would be best fitting for my son and for my windows!.
    Thanks again everyone for the comments I never expected to hear comments so fast.

8. kindlebear

kindlebear Slinger of Shots

My 5yo daughter has 10mm wide theraband blue bandsets. Easy draw, still good for chickpeas and plastik bbs

9. fred45

fred45 New Member

I use file bands braided, 2 or 3 bands long, easy to set up, and adjust strength

10. fred45

fred45 New Member

I will post the Pink Plinker when I get home here is my 5year old shooting the "Blue Bomber" a nice little natty from The New Sling shot guy from last year. Blue thera bands he Still LOVES that sling shot

Attached Files:

11. fred45

fred45 New Member

pink plinker and blue bomber

here is the pink plinker and blue bomber, with Mattman shooting BB. I got the BB from The Raccoon in one of my early trades, and the pink plinker is a tatter peeler from Jeb, i was doing a Global Trade with him and he did a drawing and I won the plinker. BB is set up with 3/4" tappered blue TB and the PP is the file bands braided all singles. the BB is faster but both are not hard for 4 or 6 year old to shoot. we shoot small pea gravel from the driveway or 25 cal steel.

Attached Files:

12. fred45

fred45 New Member

oh yea the other was in the same bag, it is a dog chew (not Nyla bone) nice curve and comfortable in the hand, bands are 107 Sterlings. I cut the inside of the knobs off on this one I don't think I will do that on the next ones. I like these, cheap, and ready to go.

13. sambo

sambo New Member

Thats awesome

I just got through carving my sons out of oak and have to make some final touches. Its taken me a while as I am trying to not use power tools on this one so I will appreciate it more. The tree had been dead for a while and the wood is hard as steel. It will look good I hope.
    Greta pics, thanks for that