550 cord rambone

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by codido187, Jan 20, 2014.

1. codido187

codido187 New Member

ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1390266302.612746.jpg

I decided to try to makes board cut rambone i think it came out alright with my 550 cord spin to it.

2. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Looking good, and I like what you've done with the paracord!

3. codido187

codido187 New Member

Thanks will I would like to incorporate a little 550 cord in everything I build I'm getting good at building different things. I want to make 550 cord pouches and many other things

4. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I like the cord wrap on the handle, it looks really nice. I have to ask though, have you tested this fork in a vise? Looking at the grain of the wood, it looks to me like the grain lines are running parallel to the stress point of the forks, which could lead to a potential failure, which could then lead to an injury to you. I could be wrong, but it appears that way in the photo, so I thought I'd ask.

5. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

I like paracord, nice job!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Slingshot Forum mobile app

6. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Looking alright, but of course the Rambone's main advantage is the ergonomics of the handle... and that won't be achieved by a flat boardcut wrapped in paracord.

7. codido187

codido187 New Member

I did test it in a vice and it shoots very well as well.
    And I am not that good at wood working yeah I cut it out just to see if I could I would to learn to round wood off but I don't know how to yet still learning every slingshot is a new learning experience

8. codido187

codido187 New Member

And thank you onnod I'm still learning slowly but surely I hope to get better at shaping the wood and making my own designs and stuff but I must master wot working first because I stink at it

9. codido187

codido187 New Member

And thank you onnod I'm still learning slowly but surely I hope to get better at shaping the wood and making my own designs and stuff but I must master wot working first because I stink at it