The Slingshot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Loudest boom on Earth
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I present

#4 Slick Chomp

Besides this being my first PFS, it was the first time I laminated a SS and also the first time I experimented with a ?saw slit in the forks? attachment method, dunno what its called, I have seen it on Wingshooters (SSF) Recurve hunters. But since I wanted only 1/2 inch wide bands on this the method turned out to be NOT WORKING :D (the bands kept slipping into the slits).

Here is the evolution.

Thanks for watching and let me know what you think pls !

EDIT: Forgot the little crappy [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Adn8Q0Hu1Y"]VIDEO [/ame]:D

Attachments

·
Im from Holland, isnt that weird?
6,001 Posts
Looks great! The attachment method had me head-scratching for a moment but i think i figured it out

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Slingshot Forum mobile app

·
2,513 Posts
Really nice PFS, interesting attachment method too. Not seen one like that before. I like the cut down scalloped tips as well, great work! :)

·
Loudest boom on Earth
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks guys!

Dont know if everyone understands.... the pics you see here in the thread are mostly from the experimenting. The finished PFS is on the first picture ( hich is a hyperlink to the ss in the registry, with lots of pics) and the last. :)

No one of the slit attachment styles was effective with 1/2inch wide bands.

·
Dysfunctional Member
669 Posts
Great evolution pictures. Like the end results, elegant PFS.

Sent from my iPhone using Slingshot Forum

·
Loudest boom on Earth
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to all ! I ve been shooting it a bit today ( with masking tape balls since I am a pfs noob ) and I like it very much, never expected a pfs to be so consistent with my lack of skill. :D

·
1,105 Posts
Very nice slingshot:)

·
Loudest boom on Earth
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My lack of training had shown itself today. One time I shoot without thinking, forget about the flip and twist and boom forkhit. The tip came off with a pop. I was shooting clay balls. But thats ok coz it tested the wood glue I used. Ill repair it with epoxy. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
lol my jaw literally dropped when i saw this i may copy the image and use this as my desktop cover girl SOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Ohhhh Noooo i hope the epoxy works!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts