The Slingshot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, used be an avid slingshooter 7 years ago. Got busy and other hobbies eventually took centre stage, but recently rediscovered this hobby after seeing several repeating slingshot designs on the web.

Decided to come back into this hobby by sharing my design:

Anyways, i'm starting work on a slingshot sniper now that I have much better 3d modelling and printing skills than I did 7 years ago. It's gonna be either an OTT or TTF design with clamps for easy swapping of flat bands.
First thing to do is design a robust trigger that is optimized for 3d printing. Does such a design exist here already?

Do excuse me if I post this in the wrong group, last time I lurked here was many, many years ago and to be honest I no longer remember how the forum works.

·
Registered
24 Posts
nice design, i got 2 little perception , put hexholes for nuts , for flashlight why not use hinge and ears for nut and bolt

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice design, i got 2 little perception , put hexholes for nuts , for flashlight why not use hinge and ears for nut and bolt
perfectly doable, feel free to make a remix ;)

I like to use heatset inserts, more secure, looks neater, and won't fall out. I can see how it may be a little less convenient for those who do not have heatset inserts as lots of people have nuts but not so many have heatset insetrts.

For the clamp it is very secure in my experience, i like the look of it, plus I can reduce moving parts where possible. I print mainly ABS with is extremely tough and has a certain level of flex and I like to incorporate that into my designs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Work on the trigger has commenced, I hit a wall trying to figure out where to out the hinge for trigger and decided to call it a day today :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rectangle Automotive exterior Auto part Automotive wheel system Font

This time I think I finally understand how the mechanism works, simulations run alright, time to print and test. Fingers crossed :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts