3 hours from a bamboo table to a bottle top

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Arturo Borquez, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

I am lazy, almost no tools and bad hand crafter ...
    banded an did the first shoot to a bottle top
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WEQN4wgnSc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WEQN4wgnSc[/ame]
    I will do some fine tuning, more waist and round the fork tips before finishing ...
    Cheers
    Arturo

Attached Files:

2. Tremoside

Tremoside SINdustrial designer

It's looking so nice. Calm curvature, clean and strong shape. With your shooting experience it will be a top notch 'am sure! :)

Have to say that I'm really impressed by your confident shooting style! Great inspiration. Your updates helps to set a fine mind state and a relaxed approach during shooting.

Before I forget, congratulations for those card cuts too!

Have a nice day,
    Tremo

3. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

The crafting hability is evaluated by the result of the crafting. This shooter is pretty nice! Bamboo plates are very strong, good choice. And since you don't have forkhits ant the PFS is very thin, no chance of breaking!
    Great shot as aways to, prof. Arturo!

4. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Very nicely done Brother Arturo! Your surprize and delight with making the bottletop on the first shot made me laugh too!
    In case you have not seen it, There is a Global slingshot trade in progress. Won't you please consider joining us?

5. HandForged13

HandForged13 New Member

6. Snader76

Snader76 Dysfunctional Member

Arturo strikes again!
    Don't be to modest about your crafting skills - great little shooter!
    Like your videos, keep them coming.

7. Arturo Borquez

@Tremo, thank you, my crafting abilities are so limited so it needed to be as simple as possible, now I am struggling with the finishing, I am worry that a solvent could delaminate it, will need to test first on a spare piece ...
    @BV thank you doc, yes bamboo plates are very strong in one direction but weak on the other, but as you said not much stress as the fork is very narrow ...
    @flipgun thanks !, this model is easy to make but I doubt someone interested to trade unless a person used with extreme PFS's like this, I would not recommend a novice to shoot this frame, may be very dangerous and I would not like that ! ... anyway 7 more frames can be cut from this bamboo board ...
    Cheers
    Arturo

8. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Excellent work Arturo! I think you are a better craftsman than you give yourself credit for!
    First shot...thwack!:D I was really happy when that happened too!
    Perhaps this is your 'lucky' card cutter??

9. Arturo Borquez

ha ha maybe Will, tomorrow I will give it more patient sanding to polish some details, but indeed as it is shoots great, something I don't know yet is finishing, I noticed that bamboo likes to suck water (and moisture), maybe a CA Super-Glue layer?
    Cheers
    Arturo

10. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Perhaps an epoxy finish. That would likely add strength to the design as well

11. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

That looks really nice and it looks like a great arrow shooter nice shot :)

J

12. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

That is a great looking PFS my friend! A very nice shape and obviviously the little slingshot works really good :)
    Is it a coincidence, that you've used the preferred wood of the ancient shaolin monks? :D

13. Hardtimes

Hardtimes Member

every time I watch one of your videos I hear the background noise and really want to visit Chile, great shooting and great country!

14. Arturo Borquez

@flicks ... "Is it a coincidence, that you've used the preferred wood of the ancient shaolin monks?"
    maybe LOL when a saw that board in the shop "something" whispered in my ear "buy it" LOL !
    here is the final shape, a bit more waist and rounded fork tip to allow more canting, it feels very solid for a narrow fork but I am not sure to recommend this boards for a full frame (thin forks)
    Cheers
    Arturo

Attached Files:

15. Cubanizm

Cubanizm Junior Member

very nice Arturo! I like the idea of your use of the cutting board. It's a good use of materials.
    Siempre es un placer ver sus vídeos. Muchas gracias por compartir los con nosotros.

16. Obelix

Obelix Delete

Great job, great pfs. I like it.

17. slingpit

slingpit Slingshot addicted

I'm a little bit jealous, because PFS shooting is an other world for me. Far away.
    Realy nice wood and a great job.

18. Arturo Borquez

FINISHED ! I am very happy with the outcome !
    Cheers
    Arturo

Attached Files:

19. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

I am also very happy with the outcome :D :D :D

J