20 mm Hex Nut Flying Straight

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by allan.leigh04, Apr 7, 2013.

1. allan.leigh04

allan.leigh04 New Member

<font color="darkblue"><font face="Courier New"><br><strong><br>Hi All,<br><br>A bit of conundrum ?....<br><br>I have a single banded A+ PS 1, from which these hex nuts fly great, and straight, out to at least 10 meters (the max range across my frontage at home in Thailand).<br><br>Yet from my double banded, much more powerful Bill Hays Hathcock they always at like immediately skew off to the right even from 5 meters.<br><br>Obviously I am doing something very wrong !<br><br>Can anyone offer any help ?..... <br><br>As they have the weight, and edges, to be almost perfect for larger live targets: provided of course one can have some degree of accuracy.<br><br>Although even from my PS 1, they would pack an awfully big "punch", as it is no lightweight in the speed department.<br><br>Cheers Allan </strong></font></font>

2. beaverman

beaverman New Member

im guessing the draw weight is too high so you cant grip it properly?

3. allan.leigh04

allan.leigh04 New Member

<font color="darkblue">Hi There,<br><br>Thanks foir the advice.<br><br>After much trial and error, I found it was both my release, and not exact center placement of the hex nuts in the pouch.<br><br>Now 98% of the time very accurate, even from the double bands.<br><br>And "Holy Shit Batman", the damage they do is huge at 10 meters. <br>At least on cardboard targets, with a very heavy toweling backstop.<br><br>Weight not exactly sure of, but more than the 20 gram lead shot for sure.<br><br>I am guessing 28 to 32 grams; and if I hammer a lead ball into the nuts middle, a fair bit more again.<br><br>So given practice and accuracy; a one shot, one kill, for sure.<br><br>Cheers Allan</font>