These are the new slingshots I mentioned in my Welcome post. The small one on the left is the laminated one, made from an aluminum plate sandwiched between layers of oak and cherry. I cut the cherry tree myself and made a few boards from the logs, which I have been using for various projects. The tree was over 100 years old (we counted the rings) and was more than 12 feet in circumference at the base. The slingshot shoots OK, but as you can see in the close up, sometimes the ball hits the frame. So because of that I probably won't stain it, but will move on to make another with a slightly higher set of forks. (At least until I learn how to flip better, I guess.) The first set of bands was made from surgical tubing, but I switched to the red theraband both to see if that would help reduce frame hits and to practice ... this is the first set of bands I've made with the theraband rubber. I found a set of 3, one each red, blue, and gold, 6 feet long, 6 inches wide, at the sporting goods store for $14. (!) The other slingshot is a W, and is actually the first one I ever made, using Joerg's instructional video. The handle pivots and everything. It shot great with doubled surgical tube bands but now that I have the good rubber, I am going to make a set of bands for it from the gold stuff. My shed had better look out, cause I'm gunnin' for it.