1st Homemade Slingshot

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by sleepyt84, Jul 8, 2013.

1. sleepyt84

sleepyt84 New Member

Thanks G_Y for the slingshot idea. I wanted something slightly more powerful so I took the basic concept and modified it.

Supplies:
    1. Coat Hanger
    2. Twine
    3. Electrical Tape
    4. Scrap Cloth
    5. Mysterious source of rubber power left over from my previous line of work.....

This whole project took about an hour and a half. The hardest part was actually the pouch. I used some pliers and bent the coat hanger into shape. Then I wrapped it in electrical tape to make it more comfortable to hold and a bit more sturdy. After that I doubled over a piece of scrap cloth and reinforced it with electrical tape to make the pouch. The hard part was making the holes without the proper tools. Then I tied it off with twine to my source of rubber power and was in business. I hope to post a video later with me shooting the slingshot, but I will have to find a place to test it that will not alarm the neighbors.

Attached Files:

2. The Gift come back! :D

Lol

G_Y great work you do! :confused:

Joe

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2013

3. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

A very good start! Keep up the good work!

4. G_Y

G_Y aiming the less

Nice x-wing slingshot.

5. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Nice Work, not the best look but something new and a really Simple and fast Method. I like it ;) 1+

6. G_Y

G_Y aiming the less

A nice problem solving, indeed.

Got a bunch of private messages from a fan talking about returning gifts and thinking about getting me a slingshot, crocheted...

He did not understand my hint ("Gips das?") but if i´ll get one well sized self-crotcheted slingshot from anybody i´ll take it easy as every husband, post it here with the name of the sender (for punishment ;)) and make it shootable.

After this it will have a new name: Plaster disaster :cool: because i recognize the words of wisdom from Brazilviking: "If it can fix a bone it could be a slingshot". :D

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  7. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

There is a person named "Nico" on the Rebel forum that specializes in wire slingshot. His blog will teach you a lot.

8. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

+1

I stumbled upon these blog posts and they are very good. Down to earth, put a bunny in the pot for your family type stuff.