The Slingshot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it is time we start on the outside part of the house.

The most important part was the driveway. Since it had to be dug up for the new water pipes, it was in terrible condition. Muddy in places, narrow, the old gravel remnants sunken in, all covered by the leftovers from at least five years of rotten leafs. You get the picture.

We had 15 tons of gravel splittings delivered. They just poured it onto a huge heap in the middle of the driveway.

I distributed it by hand (left about 25 wheel barrows for eventual repairs), with shovel and wheel barrow. Wow, that was literally tons of work! Took me three days. Hard work, but it does look nice - and we are looking forward to clean shoes and cars even on rainy days!

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,882 Posts
Nice work and workout. That's a ton of driveway. :D

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
Why didnt you just build a giant slingshot to distribute the gravel? :)

·
2,941 Posts
Theres nothing quite like the sound of tyres slowly crunching over gravel. (But nothing more disheartening than speed merchants skidding it everywhere). May you be blessed with sensitive visitors.

·
Premium Member
6,102 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,102 Posts
Ooh, can you imagine a driveway made completely out of shiny10mm chromed steel balls?! That would have been amazing for the new Castle Badass.
HA! Crazy! That is THE idea for Jörg's 1 mio subs special! First doing his bowling ball things and cause some serious destruction and in the end of the clip he is bathing in a pool of chromed steel balls! :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,792 Posts
HA! Crazy! That is THE idea for Jörg's 1 mio subs special! First doing his bowling ball things and cause some serious destruction and in the end of the clip he is bathing in a pool of chromed steel balls! :)

Fantastic idea, Sepp! Even just a bathtub full of chrome steel balls would be epic!

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thing is that the heavy balls would not move much at all. You can't "swim" in them. It is a nice imagination, much like Scrooge McDuck swimming in gold coins. Real life, no such sports.

·
Administrator
10,882 Posts
Nathan Masters buys ammo by the ton in these huge barrels. Lee Silva saw one, ripped his shoes off and jumped in the barrel to walk around on the ammo for about 30 minutes. Lee is one crazy guy.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Thats alot of work. You need a reason for drinking, thats work about 36 cans of brewsky

·
My slingshots are like me. They aren't pretty.
1,236 Posts
Cant wait to see the odd glint of steel here and there in your videos:D

·
Premium Member
2,201 Posts
Is the wood channel for water diversion? Our gravel drive is in horrible shape because it's super steep. I cut in water channels in a few spots adn they seem to do a really good job at diverting the water flow. Finding that out has me looking are steel 'C' channel for more permanent water channels.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts