Yet Another Slingbow

Discussion in 'Slingbows' started by Drew_Bilbrey, May 30, 2017.

1. Drew_Bilbrey

Drew_Bilbrey Drew Bilbrey

Hey guys! Here is my latest slingbow build. Made from all ply. Had some voids, being cheap ply :p , so I filled them with 2 part epoxy mixed with blue glitter. Stained the wood darker and finished it with tung oil and paste wax. Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. Belargo

Belargo Mad Scientist

Great work as always!
    Glitter is a very good idea. Less likely to contaminate the wood pores when sanding it, I presume?
    I've learned that pigments can be a real hassle in that regard

3. Drew_Bilbrey

Thanks! Doesn't give a bit of trouble when sanding. Only problem I've had with glitter is that it just plain gets everywhere! I have a shooter I haven't posted yet that has a CA finish and there are few pieces of glitter in the finish that weren't supposed to be there. :/

4. Belargo

Belargo Mad Scientist

Yeah, I've heard someone say that glitter is the "herpes of the crafting world", impossible to get rid of...

5. JanP

JanP Junior Member

That is not correct... with some time, you get rid of the herpess ;-)

6. dutch_slingshot

dutch_slingshot Just a Dutch guy

The glitter is a fantastic touch, I'm actually laughing out loud, nice slingbow! What arrows do you use? Are they expensive? I love the idea of a slingbow but bands are expensive, a whisker biscuit is expensive and arrows are expensive too!

7. Drew_Bilbrey

Thanks! I use carbon arrows purchased from Walmart in them. Not too expensive. The whisker biscuits can be expensive indeed. Lately I've been ordering them from China though. Also, not expensive. :)

8. Belargo

Belargo Mad Scientist

Regarding the whisker biscuit, I've also seen people make something similar themselves, using tooth brushes:

[​IMG]

Sorry for the thread hijacking :eek:

9. sambo

sambo New Member

How did you make your D-loop. I am making a slingbow but am having trouble with creating something to be able to attach to the bands so that I can pull it back with a release. Also Simple Shot has cheap whisker biscuits around $10USD.

10. NamenloserHeld91

NamenloserHeld91 Senior Member

the thoothbursh whisker biscuit is still more bad ass :D

11. Drew_Bilbrey

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oz3ruRsh-HY[/ame]
    I did the D-loop like Jörg shows in this video. Also, I've started ordering whisker biscuits from wish.com. A lot cheaper there, just have to wait a few weeks to get them.

12. But not nearly as expensive as other arrow rest systems. A good fall away rest will run you at least $100.