Well Met from Topeka, Kansas

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by N0rthman986, Oct 24, 2016.

1. N0rthman986

N0rthman986 New Member

Hello all! I thought I should introduce myself as I finally had a chance. I joined the forum after discovering The Slingshot Channel on Youtube. I kind of stumbled across it when looking for some inspiration. I am working on a steampunk novel that takes place on a mostly aquatic world. As such, the resources necessary for the development of gunpowder simply didn't exist. So I started looking for other options for ranged weaponry. At first I considered tesla coil guns, but that seemed a little too sci-fi and I wanted something believable. Next Iconsidered airguns, but I didn't like the idea of marines having to lug around a bunch of pcp tanks. However, a search for firearm alternatives pulled up a video of Joerg testing a slingshot against a pistol and that got me into his channel. I am currently working on an idea to add a few mechanical workings to Joerg's Pumpgun, turning it into a Winchester style lever action, but retain the high power. This would be an idea for my book, and maybe crafting a working replica just for fun.

2. Knallfrosch

Knallfrosch Senior Member

Welcome to the forum.
    I guess the closest thing to that winchester lever action is the slingshot crossbow pistol Jörg used once... with the built in lever. Maybe thats the way for you as well.
    Would be an interesting project for sure.
    <iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0QauwWNk9iA" allowfullscreen="" height="480" frameborder="0" width="854"></iframe>
    Happy building :)

3. Juggalo

Juggalo My slingshots are like me. They aren't pretty.

Welcome, sounds like a great idea for a novel.

4. Jeb

Jeb Baba Hunter

Welcome to the forum. Your novel sounds great.

5. JonS

JonS New Member

Welcome! Hope you´ll be inspired