Trigger Mechanism Pool

Discussion in 'Slingshot Crossbows' started by Petebacardi, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Petebacardi

Petebacardi New Member

Hey everyone!

So trigger mechanisms are an interesting topic and thought of making a thread that brings together all of our designs so that future builders or others may use them for reference.

Even though Jörg's One-Piece is one of the most efficient triggers (and also one of my favorites!), I think any other design can also proof useful in the correct circumstance.

Feel free to contribute to the thread by drawing or mousing a simple or complicated (but not too much unless it's REALLY necessary) trigger mechanism.

Have fun!

2. Petebacardi

Petebacardi New Member

Here is my rolling trigger. It's not too detailed but the basic principle is there =)

Attached Files:

3. Petebacardi

Petebacardi New Member

Here is one of my first triggers I came up with. Used it on the first PVC crossbow. A pad lock latch as the trigger that pushes a screw bolt.

Pink is rubber. Red is bow string.

Attached Files:

4. allu

allu Junior Member

Good idea!

Here's my design, needs to be made out of flat steel and a pain in the ass to make with bad tools, but works well once you get it right (after hours of frustration :D). Pink is rubber and brown is a spring. Used it in my Cobra Pistol crossbow alternative stock.

Also this page is worth checking out. Most of them are not something one could easily build home, but great source of inspiration for sure!

-allu

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  5. seppman

seppman Folding-Ladder Expert

6. Petebacardi

Petebacardi New Member

I forgot to add that you can also add a ruler if size is important.
    Here's mine. (Pun intended)

Attached Files:

7. Petebacardi

Petebacardi New Member

@Seppman: Wow that's great! But you kinda spoilt the whole thread in one post! Haha

C'est vraiment pas mal ce site! Bravo! This one is a keeper!

8. seppman

Yes. but just coz you didn't use the search option before. HA! :)

9. junkyard

junkyard New Member

here are two trigger-systems I have tried.
    Sorry, I don't have blueprints, build it from scrap without planning before.

Both work just fine.

Attached Files:

10. JonS

JonS New Member

Those are some really cool and creative triggers! Though, most of them are needlessly complicated, and works the same way as the original medieval crossbow trigger (which I can't remember the name of).

My personal favourites on that list is the 1st and 4th one. I like the fact that both trigger designs gives you the opportunity to use/add a safety mechanism.
    Also they look pretty advanced. :)

11. seppman

Just wanted to help. I have not build anything with a trigger in my life. No experience, sorry. And no interest aswell! :)

12. JonS

JonS New Member

No interest? Well that's a shame. How can the art of designing and making trigger mechanisms not appeal you?
    :confused:

13. seppman

That's an easy one: my slingshots don't have any triggers. :)

14. JonS

JonS New Member

Add one for the looks. Completely useless, but it sure would be cool :)

15. Petebacardi

Petebacardi New Member

This one is slightly off topic but still counts as a sort of trigger. Been shooting my sling bow today and got sore fingers. So this is what I came up with!

A simple multiplex release aid that I carved out. Work great! Takes some time to get used to but better than sore fingers!

Attached Files:

16. arobim

arobim Junior Member

Hey I have one question I also tried to do this trigger but as soon as I put the string over the notch the trigger gets released and the shot falls
    I dont know why this happens but is ist possible that the rubber inside the trigger is too weak ?

17. JonS

JonS New Member

Looks like the one made by BackyardBowyer.

18. Knallfrosch

Knallfrosch Senior Member

Which trigger are you refering to? there are posted many on this thread.

If you mean the last one that is a release aid to be held in hand so that you do not pull the string with your fingers, not to be mounted in a internal trigger mechanism.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  19. Setarip

Setarip New Member

Here is a bullpup trigger I designed this past week. The parts are made of 3/8" thick 6061 aluminum, bronze sleeve bearings, stainless steel standoffs, and the side plates are 3/16" thick 6061 aluminum. This design gives an additional 3" draw length over traditional triggers.

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rrOtwLIv0Jw[/ame]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016