takedown slingshot crossbow

Discussion in 'Slingshot Crossbows' started by MohaaPete, May 2, 2016.

1. MohaaPete

MohaaPete New Member

My takedown slingshot crossbow,capable of collapsing where the stock meets the body.

The double paintball type trigger is for adding extra leverage when firing to keep the pull lighter.

The sights are adjustable for windage and elevation.

I used a hardware store bungee cord and took the hooks off the ends for the band.

It shoots diy crossbow bolts actually not half bad(sorry no pic).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

srry pic's are a little low quality.

Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.
    I appreciate any feedback.:)

2. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

If you think this pretty little thing shoots OK now, then you will be totally thrilled after you have replaced the lousy cords with Thera Tubes or Chinese Tubes (plenty of those).

3. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

Well you are bitten now, another one has the bug!

Welcome truly, you are in good company here.

4. Juggalo

Juggalo My slingshots are like me. They aren't pretty.

Very nicely done. As Joerg said when you swap to tubes you will be astounded. They will put it in a different league.

5. MohaaPete

MohaaPete New Member

thanks guys for the input,I will take your advise into consideration, and where can I find the thera bands and what are they exactly.
    thanks again.

~mohaapete

6. JonS

JonS New Member

Thera-band are gymnastic elastic bands meant for training muscels and rehabilitation. Though it is much more fun to use it as slingshot bands. You can easily purchase them off eBay or Amazon, and the price per meter is generally lower the more bands you buy.

Because you use rollers, the stuff you need is called Thera-Tubes. Because this is a crossbow I would go for Thera Tube Black or Silver. Silver is the heaviest so it might be the better choice if you're looking for power.

If you live in Europe you should buy from this seller.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Theraband...hash=item2801ddd9fd:m:mx0iXdk3Piv3bbG5fzep80Q

They have (from what I know) the best prices and some really high quality stuff. I recently purchased 10 meters of various Thera Bands, and the shipping was only 2 pounds, and the rubber came in airtight bags.

7. MohaaPete

MohaaPete New Member

Thank you for the quick reply JonS and for the advise. I think ill try to get my hands on some thera tubing in the near future and take it through the paces.

If anyone else would like to offer their opinions or advise feel free to criticize my project to your hearts content.

8. PimpW

PimpW New Member

Hi and welcome to the forum.
    I usually buy my tubes or bands at the phycal therapist office and they even sell some at the hospital down town.

Tubes are 1$ per feet and bands are 5$ for 1m.

Thats canadian bush pricing ;)

Nice build, probably first of many :D

9. Flipgun

Flipgun Active Member

Lots of sporting good stores have exercise tubes ranging from 10 -100 lbs.