Slingshot Giveaway

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Roundrockoutdoors, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Roundrockoutdoors

Roundrockoutdoors New Member

So our good friends over at Pocket Predator have sent us a few Slingshots to test out and give away to you guys. I have done a bit of playing with these and have to say I love it. It takes a bit of getting used to if your used to using a traditional sling shot, as you hold it sideways. But once you get used to holding it differently you soon realize this that this is the superior way. I plan on taking this out and shooting some video of shooting the other one before we give that one away.

[​IMG]

So what were going to do is give away one of them right now. The other one were going to hang on for a bit longer and really put it through it paces before we give it away. But I can’t wait to hear what you guys think of this slingshot.

Come check up the contest here.
    http://roundrockoutdoors.com/2013/07/19/pocket-predator-slingshot-giveaway/

2. Therider21

Therider21 New Member

Nice! Do you cast it?
    Which Material are they out from?
    Would be interested.... ;)

3. Cubanizm

Cubanizm Junior Member

DONE! [[[crosses fingers]]]

4. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

@ Therider

The link to Pocket Predator wasn't working when I checked the RRO site.

But you can see Mr Hays' Hathcock Sniper and his Polymer Range at HIS website. This looks kinda like the Boy Scout. Not certain. The fork holes appear different. It wasn't specified above, but is probably made from marine-grade polymer board (budget line).

If interested, here's the direct link to Bill Hays:
    Pocket Predator Slingshots

5. Flipgun

Flipgun Active Member

Not meaning to be rude, But this smells a lil' spammy to me. Jus' sayin' .

6. Neek95

Neek95 New Member

Eh, I agree, it's more a publicity stunt than a giveaway. The kind Joerg does are much more honest :)

7. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

I was thinking the same too, Flip. Mr Hays seems to know these guys. I don't know...

It just feels weird to me when someone signs in to a Forum and the first post they make is either to give something away or sell something. There's no introduction or interest in slingshots or in the Forum. But expect you to "like" them on FB and send them email with a UserName. I guess I'm just a skeptical person.

The Bill Hays name carries a lot of weight. But the Pocket Predator link at the RRO website still isn't working when you click on it.

How bad to you want a Free (used) slingshot?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  8. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

"Spam 'n eggs, spam with spam, spam omelet..." (couldn't resist the Monty Python bit, sorry:D)

9. Is the slingshotboy back?

Mr. Spam?

Not again!!!

Joe

10. Therider21

Therider21 New Member

Oh.... ok....
    @Thistle: i´m not going to die about it :D
    but am interested in the design, never shot a pocket- predator.
    Was thinking about building one, not sure about the needed dimensions;
    but annyway worth a few tries, of corse i can´t cast one ;)

11. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

^
    I have cobbled together a variation on the 'pocket predator' design to test an idea. I found it pretty easy. There are blueprints here, but I just drew it up to fit my hand. I like it quite a bit so far

12. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

+11