Rambone 2.0 worries and questions

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by Luis_zeas, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Luis_zeas

Luis_zeas New Member

Im about to buy a black rambone 2.0 from Amazon, but I have some questions. First of all about the nuts molded inside the forks, in the introduction video, joerg tells to not over tight them because it will be ready to break, but what does he refers to? The forks or the nuts? And how tight can they get without problems? Another thing is if I can shoot stones without problems and tie the bands without the clamps.

2. DaveyJones

DaveyJones Girls can't be ghostbusters :P

i think the problem with over tightening nuts like that is the risk of stripping the threads themselves.
    though i have screwed mine on pretty tight without issue.

and yeah you can band it up the old fashioned way without the clips just fine.
    that's how the original and older versions work.
    you can find some info on that here: http://www.slingshotchannelstore.de/english/information/

stones also should not be a problem.

3. bigdh2000

bigdh2000 Administrator

There are not many who can over tighten those...Jörg can. Just tighten snugly.

4. Knallfrosch

Knallfrosch Senior Member

LOL. I just entered "Rambone" on Amazon.de ... i don´t think thats what you ordered :D

Rubber bands don´t need super tight or clamped on with maximum force. Just enough to prevent it from slipping.
    If you clamp it to hard it may even break faster than normal.

5. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

So far we haven't heard about a single broken nut regarding the 2.0. I tried to break one deliberately but this isn't possible with a standard size allen key.

But of course you can use the normal band attachment (wrap and tie) with the 2.0 just fine. I just don't do that anymore as the clamp is so easy and reliable.

6. Luis_zeas

Luis_zeas New Member

Lol I buy from Amazon.com not Amazon.de i just tried there and rambone is not a slingshot there

7. Luis_zeas

Luis_zeas New Member

My new rambone! It came whit the clamps and the Allen wrench, but I used the rubber strips for a while, just for fun. The design is just impressive, no defects at all, very ergonomic, it's even addictive to hold and shoot it! The nuts molded in the forks won't go anywhere, I was impressed with the accuracy, well it also depends on the shooter, the best slingshot I have. Thanks for sharing your great inventions whit everyone and for almost 8 years of fun in YouTube.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  8. Knallfrosch

Knallfrosch Senior Member

You seem to have a lot of greeeen in your area... the shiny black rambone looked almost like a camouflage version :D

9. Widget

Widget Member

Have fun with that