New ,,

Discussion in 'Slingshot Crossbows' started by An_Zombie, Jul 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. An_Zombie

An_Zombie New Member

New "compound" crossbow attempt looking for suggestions

First post and first serious attempt at making a crossbow. Not sure if this counts a a slingshot but I figgured you guys are the people to ask. Recently started working on an idea for a small width pulley crossbow. Just wondering if anyone has ideas for improvements. I have the bones of it complete with a working trigger but I'm not sure how to make the arms move in unison to keep the shot straight. Any thoughts would be appreciated. image.jpg

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  2. bigdh2000

bigdh2000 Administrator

3. What type of trigger system did you use?

4. An_Zombie

An_Zombie New Member

image.jpg
    It's fairly simple but it has a very nice break

5. An_Zombie

An_Zombie New Member

Oh and that's just to show how it works, normally it's centered in the body of the xbow

6. Juggalo

Juggalo My slingshots are like me. They aren't pretty.

Nice work. If you could somehow attach the springs on each arm directly to its counter part on the other side I think that they should move in unison( at least im fairly sure I've read that somewhere) feel free to correct me if im wrong

7. JonS

JonS New Member

Cool, but why is there no introduction?

8. An_Zombie

An_Zombie New Member

If your referring to the title "New ,," that was my fault. I'm doing this from my phone and accidentally hit post and can't figure out how to fix it

9. RalphG

RalphG Member

The simpler solution would be to make an enclosed arrow guide on top. Look how Jörg has done this with some of his rubber launchers.

These "flipper" designs have individual arms which are individually powered, so even slight differences in construction lead to the arms not moving in perfect unison. Thats just a quirk the designer has to overcome by additional means. somehow there has to be a connection/synchronisation of the arms.
    Yours looks very similar to robert van Houses design. http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4169456.pdf. Look what he has done to synchronize the arms. some additional connecting bars which meet at the stock and are riding/guided in a groove there would do the trick.

10. An_Zombie

An_Zombie New Member

Mm I've seen that and it looks amazing. Do you know if he's released any pdf's of plans or dimensions. I'd love to try to recreate that but I would probably get the cams manufactured by someone who knows what they're doing.