My welded slingshot crossbow progress: pics

Discussion in 'Slingshot Crossbows' started by Jeff213, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Jeff213

Jeff213 New Member

I am not a good welder, and the current on my arc welder only goes down to 40A so the welds are super ugly, but they will hold. Here are a few pics of my progress so far on the slingshot crossbow.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  2. bigdh2000

bigdh2000 Administrator

3. RickOchet

RickOchet New Member

Looking at the trigger, I guess you have to set it first? What's going to stop the release wheel from spinning too far forward?

4. Jeff213

Jeff213 New Member

there will be a buffer / stop for the release. I decided to redesign the trigger itself to move it underneath the wheel, but the sear / release are going to remain the same. I am going to weld a 1/2" nut to the top of the post on the release to hold the lead ball in place, and I think I will weld a smaller release in front of it for a d-loop if I change to the string to shoot arrows.

The trigger components will eventually be case hardened, because right now they are just made of cold rolled steel.

5. Jeff213

Jeff213 New Member

Attached the bands to skateboard wheel pulleys today. They will only be used as band attachment points, not as pulleys, but I figure the bearings at the attachment points will reduce torque.

Attached Files:

6. Jeff213

Jeff213 New Member

I remade the trigger, still using the same wheel/sear though. I am going to finish it this weekend hopefully, still have to fine tune it and figure out how I am going to mount it inside the receiver.

I also came up with a new idea to limit the forward travel of the band with a U-Bolt cut in half and welded to the frame. I got a free U-bolt at work today, left over from a conduit run that I finished. I want this so I can attach an arrow rest (removable) and also attach a front sight to the crossbow. I am going to come up with some kind of rear peep sight, or I may just use an ar15 rear sight.