Micro Rambone Product Development

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by JoergS, Feb 22, 2017.

1. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

I am designing a new "Jörg Sprave" slingshot for mass production, in order to cover features the extremely successful Rambone does not offer.

The new slingshot must be smaller and very pocketable. It must be a "thumb and index finger support" model that also allows pistol grip shooting. Of course it must work for righties and lefties equally well.

Further, the clips that we use for the Rambone also must fit the new model - and, most importantly, there must be a removable hand slap protection, so people can practice with small ammo and powerful bands without finger pain.
    Not easy! But I think I mastered the challenge. 12 cm total length, 9 cm max. width. 5 cm space between fork arms. Thickness 18 mm.

The finger guard is removable (three screws) and works like a charm. It looks a bit like a saber hand guard, don't you think?

Very pleased so far.

Attached Files:

2. Germanshooterguy24

Germanshooterguy24 Junior Member

Love it
    Perfect All in one Style and great that you think about beginners!
    I had so much painfull handslaps at the beginning ,they fell like someone broke my fingers

3. Victor11

Victor11 New Member

Hoooo I like it A LOT.
    Please send it to me for a review hahahahaha!
    But really can't wait to hold one. Good job sir.

4. TNT

TNT New Member

Herrlich. Würde kaufen.

Awesome. Would definitely buy.

If the slingshot will be produced just like the rambone, will it also be made out of polycarbonate? Whats the material of the handguard?

5. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Yes, PC it will be. The handguard I made for the prototype is made from Kydex, easy for me as I can bend it into shape with a heat gun. It will be 3 or 4 mm PC in the final version.

Such slingshots can only be kept affordable when you use injection molding to make them. Tool costs are high, but after you have coughed up that money it is really inexpensive to make the parts.

6. bigdh2000

bigdh2000 Administrator

Nice. I hope you also continue the hidden bands in the forks concept you started. That had some very exciting promise.

7. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

I stopped working on the model with the internal bands. Too expensive to manufacture and limited performance due to the tubular bands.

8. Vadim

Vadim Member

Great frame!
    I am gonna make it.

9. Luis_zeas

Luis_zeas Member

I already own a rambone 2.0 and this one would make a great addition, although I would like that the forks where as thick as the handle so it would be stronger, however it's not supposed to be fitted with heavy bands, we already have the rambone for that.

10. gort

gort New Member

I like the portability as much as the versatility.

11. ortiz

ortiz New Member

I like the design, small and pretty, personally i prefer the grip thicker.

12. NamenloserHeld91

NamenloserHeld91 Senior Member

How about storage space for spare rubber?!