Leather for Pouches and Tabs

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by trif, Aug 12, 2017.

1. trif

trif New Member

Hi, so I've ordered 2m of Theraband Gold and now I'm looking for leather, I've been looking on ebay for Kangaroo leather and in the end just bought 5 premade pouches for £5 as I just couldn't find any little sheets of it,

I've just remembered I'd decided I'd like to attach my bands with leather tabs to make them last longer so I'd still like to find some decent leather (In the UK) for such things, any locals able to suggest a good source for kangaroo leather? or a more easy to source type of leather that's strong enough not to result in a band to the face!

Thanks,

2. NamenloserHeld91

NamenloserHeld91 Senior Member

I swear on old leather shoe :D Kangaeroo is expansive and you dont really need it! Some like it, for that price i dont!
    Leather you can buy for leather work is easy to work with but stiff!
    You better look in basement for old stuff made out of leather.
    Best stuff you can get is always free! ;)

I am not sure that will work (but it looks nice). But Copydex works!

3. trif

trif New Member

does it not make much difference to band life? where do they tend to fail? midway along the band or at the forks or the pouch?

4. For me the bands usually fail towards the pouch. And I really don't think the pouch makes a big difference.

5. trif

trif New Member

Hehe, free or at least cheap I agree with, I'll keep an eye on ebay for leather scraps as some seem to go very cheaply!