Joerg, please help me!

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Vadim, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Vadim

Vadim Member

Joerg, please, help me!

I made your TTF shooter with hand brace and leather front. The problem in the hand brace. If i making it loose i can't shoot because slingshot wants to turn, if i making it tight i can shoot but the brace pressing HARD on my hand, it's painful after 10 shots. How did you solved that problem ? I found information that you shot thousands of shots with it:
    http://www.theslingshotforum.com/f4/band-life-new-approach-31019/
    And i think it's not possible if you have that problem.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  2. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Several possible reasons. Do you have some pics of the thing?

People tend to forget that even though you have a hand brace, you still have to hold on to the slingshot as hard as you can. It isn't like on a starship where the forearm takes most of the load.

Proper rounding, a low fork and an ergonomically shaped pistol grip handle are key.

3. Vadim

Vadim Member

I think i almost fixed the problem now. Just moved the handle little bit forward. Thank you for advice. Here is some pictures:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  4. Vadim

Vadim Member

I made it a bit amateurish but i still like it. I will soon post more info about it in "Show off your homemades".

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  5. JanP

JanP Junior Member

Hey Vadim, just a question. Are there also regulations in Russia regarding wrist braced slingshots? If not, you should consider a starship design to max out the draw length. With your force, you could do real damage with such a slingshot

6. Vadim

Vadim Member

I not really like full size starships, but maybe i will try.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017