I need help! Trying to build the lego brick shooter need some help!

Discussion in 'Slingshot Crossbows' started by PromatQas, May 2, 2017.

1. PromatQas

PromatQas New Member

I saw the vid of lego brick crossbow shooter and need some ideas on how to create the pull back mechanism from the behind of gun instead of the pump action he used in the video with pencils. I have made lego brick powerful snipers and powerful pistols before. but the Pull back to reload mechanism is troubling me. Any tips and advice you guys can share ?

Thanks anyways :cool:

2. NamenloserHeld91

NamenloserHeld91 Senior Member

sry iam to stupid for mechanism :D But if you need help with your slingshot shooting i am your guy ^^

3. Belargo

Belargo Mad Scientist

I made a screenshot that maybe helps clear things up.

[​IMG]

This is the fully drawn out position. In the back the sled is guided by some small blocks (highlighted by black arrows), in the front by a bracket consisting of two connecting pieces (blue arrows).
    A slot of suitable length is needed to accommodate the travel of the string. Some additional, weaker rubber (the red rubber band in the picture) returns the sled to its home position.
    The sled does the same job as the cocking hook on a pistol crossbow (highlighted by red arrow)

[​IMG]

Keep in mind, a sled might not be practical for very long and/or strong slingshot crossbows.

This video also features a pistol with a sled (slightly different design, but same principle):

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w8lJNEQTfk[/ame]

Did this answer your questions?

4. PromatQas

PromatQas New Member

wow, this was my first post on here and i can automatically tell by the detail of this reply that this forum is awesome! Thanks ever so much aha i replayed the video many times and finally now I understand. You are the best and so are all the other creative minds on here xD Wish i could rep you more than once, thanks alot!

Best wishes
    -Qas

5. PromatQas

PromatQas New Member

Thank you also, will do!

6. Belargo

Belargo Mad Scientist

You are very welcome! Good luck with your build, would be great if you could share it here :)

7. PromatQas

PromatQas New Member

8. PromatQas

PromatQas New Member

Hopefully :). I will be drawing and scaling the dimensions for this in a few days. But because of exams i will start building in 1-2 months. So will not be on here for time lol. Thanks alot and see you soon

9. NamenloserHeld91

There is a difference between shooting and shooting good! But i woud like for you to share your wisdome with us humble folks!

10. PromatQas

PromatQas New Member

If you have the strength to maintain a fully cocked slingshot i think the rest is down to breathing and eye coordination.

11. NamenloserHeld91

Alright do littel clip on how you shoot, i really like to see that!

12. PromatQas

PromatQas New Member

Lol my 700 subs will watch the video and be like this is not the normal vid xD

13. PromatQas

PromatQas New Member

14. PromatQas

PromatQas New Member