First 3D printed prototypes of the roller based EDC frame

Discussion in 'Conventional slingshots' started by JoergS, Apr 5, 2016.

1. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

In general, they look good - but they are HUGE!

I think there is space for a full butterfly band in those handles.

Will let them know, I am sure they can easily fix this.

Attached Files:

2. bigdh2000

bigdh2000 Administrator

They look nice. Did the scale go wrong somewhere?

3. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

It looks like they turned out well either way. As Dan said, must have been a scale problem. Hopefully it can be resolved after you let them know.

4. seppman

seppman Folding-Ladder Expert

This reminds me so much of the most expensive software failure of all times:

"NASA’s Mars Climate Orbiter – On its mission to Mars in 1998 the Climate Orbiter spacecraft was ultimately lost in space. Although the failure bemused engineers for some time it was revealed that a sub contractor on the engineering team failed to make a simple conversion from English units to metric. An embarrassing lapse that sent the $125 million craft fatally close to Mars’ surface after attempting to stablize its orbit too low. Flight controllers believe the spacecraft ploughed into Mars’ atmosphere where the associated stresses crippled its communications, leaving it hurtling on through space in an orbit around the sun."

5. Aries

Aries Member

Big or not, it is still an awesome design.
    Will the print file be shared, I am dying to print one.
    Pleeeeeaaaaaaassse.

6. PimpW

PimpW New Member

They look nice but like you said they look huge. I own a 3D printer and usually when things like that happen its because the scaling was off or the calibration was not done right. PPL usually calibrate it using a 20mm by 20mm cube but the thing is when your off by a mm it becomes a big problem when you go on big items
    . Still look badass. Id print a medium size one to keep in my coat pocket :D

7. Macielia

Macielia New Member

You said in yor video you might build a micro version, that would aweasome! Maybe you can add a pocket clip to it?

Lg Elias

8. Metal

Metal New Member

Wow thats really cool! :D

9. PimpW

PimpW New Member

Is the STL file available for download ?
    I would print a small one to test it, a little .177 shooter :D

10. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Will publish the files after the weapon is ready, this still needs plenty of optimizing.

11. PimpW

PimpW New Member

Thx !

12. lowrez

lowrez New Member

Eagerly awaiting an update to this project!

13. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

I think I dropped the ball on this project, no idea if and when I will pick it up again.

14. lowrez

lowrez New Member

Would it be possible to share the 3D files as is so someone else can work on it (open source style)?

15. Aries

Aries Member

Yes, that would be awesome, if you could go ahead and share the files.
    But they are yours, and I respect that.:)

16. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

There are no 3D files yet, as I never got back to the designer over at myminifactory.

17. JonS

JonS New Member

2D would work fine together with pictures from different angles and detailed measurements.

18. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Guys, this is my design and it isn't finished. I don't want to see my name attached to something that either doesn't work well or has been made by somebody else. So I would like to leave this alone either until I pick up the work or bury the idea altogether.