Bone-Crusher Ammo, no welding necessary

Discussion in 'Crazy contraptions' started by kohlqez, Jan 4, 2014.

1. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

I thought of an easy way to make Joerg's Bone-Crusher Ammo without welding equipment. All you need is a bolt (or threaded rod), a washer, and a nut (two if you're using threaded rod) the "recipe" is simple:
    Get a bolt, put washer on bolt, secure washer in place with nut. You'll probably want to cut off the excess threaded part of the bolt (I used a dremel but I'd recommend an angle grinder) Recipe yields one serving.
    If you're using threaded rod (or you have enough excess from the above method) the formula is pretty much the same. Put a nut on th threaded rod so that it resembles a bolt, put a washer on, secure said washer with second nut.
    You could also use superglue or thread-lock or some other adhesives to make sure your bone crushers don't come undone if you want but it's not really necessary.
    It would surprise me if I'm the first to do this but since I haven't seen any...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Do those tear up the pouch?

3. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

Haven't shot them yet, but my guess would be yes they tear up the pouch, at least more than round ammo would. I don't think that you'll be going through pouches real fast or anything though, I didn't sharpen any edges or anything.

4. coyote-1

coyote-1 New Member

How about this: Lead nuts and lead threaded rod:

http://www.nuclead.com/leadnuts.html

1/2" OD lead nuts nuts, and whatever threaded lead rod works for that. Now cut some steel plate into small equilateral triangles with 5/8" sides and a hole in the middle for that rod. Tighten, then clip the rod with diagonal cutters.

You'll get sharp edges everywhere, combined with the weight and deformability of lead.

5. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

I thought about doing sharp edges but decided against it because I thought it would be too difficult or too uncomfortable to shoot well. Also didn't know how the pouch would handle the sharp edges

6. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

Now *that's* what I'm talkin' 'bout! :)

Thanks for the link.

Use the lead threaded rod and nuts around a big steel washer, it's a destructo-plinker's dream.

7. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

It wouldn't work for the hex nuts but you could just line up some steel nuts and a washer and use that like a mold and pour lead into that

8. sballammo

sballammo New Member

These look deadly. I would personally stay away from lead.

9. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

Edged ammo is a blast to watch tear through a target.
    Joerg did similar ammo for his demonized version of the Oreo pump-gun a while back.

On pouch wear, the steel cubes I was shooting for awhile didn't wear on the pouch noticeably after several hundred shots, so probably not a big issue.

Using this as a shape to cast is a cool idea--cheap too.
    I'm going to take a wild guess that supplies for nuclear shielding are maybe not so cheap.:p--but how cool that such things exist. I liked that link.

Wear a glove if you shoot these and let us see pictures of the carnage--or video even better.:D

10. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

I know about Joerg's Bone-Crusher Ammo but he made his with a tig welder, I don't have one of those so I thought I'd share a way to make them without one

11. coyote-1

coyote-1 New Member

For plinking you're right. Mostly I shoot marbles, and occasionally steel.

But for that zombie-moment-of-truth? IMO the extra impact of lead on your target offsets the small danger that a moment of handling the stuff would pose to your health.

12. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

Maybe but I don't think that it would matter too much, definitely not for the zombie. He ends up with a UFO shaped hole in his head either way

13. campa

campa New Member

Have u tried jacks they work but only if they are the metal ones