A friend of mine chopped down a walnut tree a few years ago and since he has no fireplace, it stayed in his garden since then. When i learned about the wood, he gave me two buckets full... and here we go. It was planned to be a starfighter, but i did not get the angle right, so its a starfighter derivate. The overall shape is the same, but this one has a smaller forkgap... but it still works. Basicly, i cut the walnut piece into 4 parts and laminated the upper and lower part together with a carbon fiber/paper micarta as core. The carbon fiber mesh and the paper was forced into the shape of the saw-line. Then i wraped the frame and filled the gaps with epoxy resin. The i shaped it as usual by sanding For the finish, i let the wood soak in some clear epoxy resin, then i resanded and repeated the epoxy treatment twice. The last treatment i did by rubbing on some epoxy with my hands (with nitrile gloves of course) and removing all excess resin. For the final touch, i lightly sanded it with 2000 grit and polished it on a buffing wheel. The result is not flawless, but its going into the right direction. Here are the pictures of the final result. I will post some build-pics next.