0.04" Latex

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Haze, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Haze

Haze New Member

Hi Everyone,

Simple Shot won't be selling this any more I understand. I bought a couple of their "seconds" rolls to stock up for now, but does anyone know where we will be able to get 0.04" latex in the future? Simple shot was the only place I found that had it.

Please let me know.

2. Knallfrosch

Knallfrosch Senior Member

Maybe we (as the whole slingshot community) should make a request to theraband to make natural latex bands for us :D

3. JonS

JonS New Member

Now THAT would be great! Have never tried out natural latex, but if it's even snappier than Theraband I can't see why they couldn't make it.

4. Victor11

Victor11 New Member

Does Theraband know that so much people make slingshot bands out of their product?

Immagine Jorg's face on the box...

"Slingshot channel approved! ... (This is also a medical product, so you know)"

Also... Did you notice a fresh roll of Theraband Gold smells just like Cadbury eggs? Reminds me of Easter every shot I pull.

As for latex, I bought some from Simpleshot but still have to try it. Pitty if it's so good and goes missing... :(

5. Flipgun

Flipgun Active Member

Good stuff at McMaster-Carr.

6. BigHands

BigHands Member

Sorry bit off topic but anyone tried this Spanish gum rubber? Supposed to be longer lasting than latex and Theraband

7. Knallfrosch

Knallfrosch Senior Member

I want a McMaster-Carr in Germany... they have EVERYTHING :D

8. Haze

Haze New Member

I can't recall where I read this, but apparently Theraband are actually a bit jacked off about slingshot guys & girls using their product for bands....

Right or wrong, they would be unlikely to tool up for a market segment this small - the latex would be no good for their true market because it degenerates too rapidly I reckon. The latex is snappier - no doubt about it.

Simple shot used to get their 0.04" from Hygenic Corporation, but I have only gotten so far as looking at their website....

9. Haze

Haze New Member

Just to clear something up - they will still be selling 0.03" latex (I bought some of that as well) but you'd have to double band for real zip with the heavier ammo.

10. seppman

seppman Folding-Ladder Expert

Correct. We recently ordered some rolls of natural latex from them, though it was .25 and .30 only. But if I recall correct, you can buy any thickness they offer. Only problem is: you need to buy at least one 23yards roll with a width of a little bit over a yard or 48 (not completely sure about that number, but it was a huge amount) rolls 23y in length and ~30cm width (that seemed to be the size Simple-Shot sold as bulk stuff).

So if you are running low in the future, I guess writing them an email, gathering some friends and money and order a roll together to share would be the way to go.

11. Haze

Haze New Member

Hey Sepp,

how much was the massive bulk roll????

12. seppman

seppman Folding-Ladder Expert

0.25 latex was 341.55$
    0.30 latex was 422.97$

excluding shipping etc.

13. Haze

Haze New Member

Righto. I think I'll stick with the small quantities.