I picked up an idea from a fellow slinghooter who was once active here,
but isn´t anymore.
In his youtube video he mentioned a fishing rubber tube that
looked quite like the rubber tubes that some people
use for attaching pouches to rubberbands and such.
(sorry, german only)
I asked him about the rubber and he posted me the link,
but i was too lazy to go to the fishing store and ordered a different rubberstring online.
The one i ordered was not a tube, but a latex string.
I should read the description more carefully
Well, since i had the latex, i started to set up a looped rubber string
and made a tiny pouch from kanguru leather.
The first model was too tiny, and the BB slipped out almost all the time... so the second model is slightly bigger.
It weighs about 0,26g so about the same as my BB´s.
The latex string is 1mm in diameter and it´s quite fiddly to attach to the
frame. ( at the pouch i simply used a loop to save the weight
of additional string.)
I punched a small hole in it for centering and now it works pretty fine.
And it is surprisingly fast.
It puts a clean hole through cardboard from 3m away.
I hope to do some chrony tests at the weekend and compare it to theraband.
I am not sure if i can do videos... but at least i will report
Here are some pictures.