As promised a different design this time... partially
Some weeks ago, i had a little talk with Andy ( Derandy ) about his V-Hammer design and
about my accuracy improvement with the V-shaped forktips of the blossom
slingshots. We talked about merging these two designs together and this is
my take on the new design. The 3V Hammer.
First V is Andy´s V-Hammer design,
second V is the blossom style V-forktips
and the third V is the V-shaped top slot geometry,
that was supposed to correct for uneven tension on the bands, when pulling
back the pouch. Well... this maybe nonsense, but who knows until you try
This design basically features Andy´s V-Hammer style grip,
but with a little curve in it and the blossom style forktips
with a top slot attachment.
I used some old scap wood pieces from one of my first exotic wood orders back in 2014.
The front side (with the Logo) is cut from a maple board with a walnut inlay.
The core is plain 9mm birch-plywood with an orange plastic spacer.
The backside has maple, padouk (at the forktips... it looks like a strawberry
amaranth, cocobolo, grenadil and cherry in it and some other wood,
that i don´t remember. Elforyn liners with some unknown wood in the middle.
Simple clear varnish spray finish.
I went a little berserk with the forktips and shaped them to a very low silhouette ...
when a steelball hit them, it will most likely deflect without breaking the fork (i hope...
Anyway... i miscalculated the topslots and it turned out,
that the plywood core does not fully support the frame
in the direction of the draw force.
I did about 50 shots with the shown theraband gold bandset
and had no stability issues so far.
I will give it a more extensive test when the temperatures are slightly less chilly
Here are some pictures.
Thanks for watching.