You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of The Slingshot Forum!    

Slingshot Forum - The Slingshot Channel Official Forum > General > General Slingshot Discussions >

Leather for Pouches and Tabs

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2017, 12:32 PM   #1
trif

Default Leather for Pouches and Tabs

Hi, so I've ordered 2m of Theraband Gold and now I'm looking for leather, I've been looking on ebay for Kangaroo leather and in the end just bought 5 premade pouches for 5 as I just couldn't find any little sheets of it,

I've just remembered I'd decided I'd like to attach my bands with leather tabs to make them last longer so I'd still like to find some decent leather (In the UK) for such things, any locals able to suggest a good source for kangaroo leather? or a more easy to source type of leather that's strong enough not to result in a band to the face!

Thanks,

Old 08-12-2017, 12:53 PM   #2
NamenloserHeld91

Slingshots

Liked 93 Times on 86 Posts
Likes Given: 68

I swear on old leather shoe Kangaeroo is expansive and you dont really need it! Some like it, for that price i dont!
Leather you can buy for leather work is easy to work with but stiff!
You better look in basement for old stuff made out of leather.
Best stuff you can get is always free!

Quote:
I've just remembered I'd decided I'd like to attach my bands with leather tabs to make them last longer
I am not sure that will work (but it looks nice). But Copydex works!

Old 08-12-2017, 06:13 PM   #3
trif

does it not make much difference to band life? where do they tend to fail? midway along the band or at the forks or the pouch?

Old 08-12-2017, 07:36 PM   #4
Daedric-Panther

Liked 338 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by trif View Post
does it not make much difference to band life? where do they tend to fail? midway along the band or at the forks or the pouch?

For me the bands usually fail towards the pouch. And I really don't think the pouch makes a big difference.

Old 08-14-2017, 11:24 PM   #5
trif

Hehe, free or at least cheap I agree with, I'll keep an eye on ebay for leather scraps as some seem to go very cheaply!