You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of The Slingshot Forum!    

Slingshot Forum - The Slingshot Channel Official Forum > The Slingshot Channel Videos > Slingshot Crossbows >

Resortera request your help on accuraci on slingrifles

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2015, 04:37 AM   #11
RalphG

Liked 246 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Well, since you do not know what causes the inaccuracy (shooter error in this case can be eliminated if clamped in a vise) you are likely to repeat this in a new build as well - and since you already put some effort into the build I would rather invest some more time tinkering to find the cause and then build an improved version opposed to immediately tackling a 2nd build ending up with something that also does not match your expectations - but thats just my 2 cents.

Old 12-04-2015, 05:07 AM   #12
resortera

Liked 368 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphG View Post
Well, since you do not know what causes the inaccuracy (shooter error in this case can be eliminated if clamped in a vise) you are likely to repeat this in a new build as well - and since you already put some effort into the build I would rather invest some more time tinkering to find the cause and then build an improved version opposed to immediately tackling a 2nd build ending up with something that also does not match your expectations - but thats just my 2 cents.
see usuali thats my way to do things i analyze y solve trubles and i dont go asking arrownd the world all my stuff the thingh here its that i dont see any grong thats way im asking the stray way to an acuarci SR so i can reshek what i do and isee if somthing scape anyways i go for two new Pouchs styls and gona cut other ruber thanks for your 2 cents i was goiing in a build rage

Old 12-04-2015, 06:35 AM   #13
RalphG

Liked 246 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Its hard to give advice without knowing what it even looks like, If I had to take a guess I would focus more on the trigger and/or the pouch ,because as you said its already wildly inaccurate even at 3m.
small band inaccuracies will tell , but at only 3m distances, if these were the lone cause, differences in band length would have to be so large you could easily spot them. Troubleshooting is always difficult, even if you have it right in front of you... Just trying to add my thinking to yours to give you an added perspective, nothing more, I dont want to tell you what you have to do There is no "special recipe" I ever heard of that you can just follow to get perfect accuracy every time, each build is different and personal, and may require some different tuning approach.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:09 AM   #14
JonS
LetsBuildIt

Liked 264 Times on 187 Posts
Likes Given: 285

Here are a nice link:

http://www.poodwaddle.com/crossbow/

Old 12-04-2015, 10:53 AM   #15
bigdh2000
Administrator
TSF_ADMIN.png

Slingshots

Liked 8963 Times on 5137 Posts
Likes Given: 1619

Once you remove all inaccuracies as you have discussed above, it comes down to the item you are stretching. Make sure the "rubber" on both sides is the same strength and length. Check that the connection methods are the same length and the "pouch" area is even and dead center.

After that, on rifles you must make certain there are no rough spots along the section of barrel where the pouch/paracord slides.

“All men make mistakes, but married men find out about them sooner.” - Red Skelton