You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of The Slingshot Forum!    

Slingshot Forum - The Slingshot Channel Official Forum > The Slingshot Channel Videos > Slingshot Crossbows >

Resortera request your help on accuraci on slingrifles

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2015, 06:38 PM   #1
resortera

Liked 368 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Default Resortera request your help on accuraci on slingrifles

The title says everything im tired of make and miss i let aside my DIY thinking for this time and i ask you what i can do to ghet a realy accurated sRifle what trigger is besst, what tipe off fork,
Im aiming to a 1/4 stell ball and a a regular marbel size ones(5/8?) help whit rhe pouch sice and the omount of ruber
Mi no comprende why so much diference betwen the shots
thanks amigos

Old 12-03-2015, 09:38 PM   #2
resortera

come on at less and i dont know star feeling lonli here

Old 12-03-2015, 09:53 PM   #3
bigdh2000
Administrator
TSF_ADMIN.png

Slingshots

Liked 8970 Times on 5142 Posts
Likes Given: 1657

Rifles are not my expertise. Wait until Jörg wakes up tomorrow.

“All men make mistakes, but married men find out about them sooner.” - Red Skelton

Old 12-03-2015, 11:04 PM   #4
resortera

Tannk u dan ur feedback always welcome by the way im working in a scroll say whit a sewing machine motor if int wrong you whant to do one too rigth? Maybe came a tut nothing you cant thing i know but like to share

Old 12-04-2015, 12:14 AM   #5
bigdh2000
Administrator
TSF_ADMIN.png

Slingshots

I have a scroll saw that I just cleaned up and started using again. Have fun with your inventing. I hope it works well since scroll saws are very useful.

“All men make mistakes, but married men find out about them sooner.” - Red Skelton

Old 12-04-2015, 12:55 AM   #6
resortera

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdh2000 View Post
I have a scroll saw that I just cleaned up and started using again. Have fun with your inventing. I hope it works well since scroll saws are very useful.
It works well, just waiting my lady to give me back my angle grinder(to make te saw sokets) she was mak7ng some work for his school and how i think i overworck today to try it i gona use ruber bands as the tensor also i make a sand disk and a disng for mi first comertial slingshot the man of the liquerstore toldme to bringg ss to the shop he sells for meso ill be working hard to set up the shop on time

Old 12-04-2015, 01:14 AM   #7
resortera

Resortera request your help on accuraci on slingrifles - Slingshot Crossbows
Resortera request your help on accuraci on slingrifles - Slingshot Crossbows
I make the disaing on inkscape wonderfull program m7th supous look like one of thisResortera request your help on accuraci on slingrifles - Slingshot Crossbows

Old 12-04-2015, 01:29 AM   #8
RalphG

Liked 246 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 16

In a slingshot the most inconsistent factor Is probably the shooter. With a rifle with trigger you are eliminating some shooter influence (well,, not on the aiming part of cause).
Factors that influence rifle accuracy that came to mind :

- unequal band length, even little will give a tiny nudge to the left /right. The longer the shot the more pronounced the effect.

-inconsistencies in the rubber its self, despite being exactly the same length bands have a different draw weight. Theraband has to be cut to strips lengthwise so there is a larger room for introducing small errors. Tube only has to be cut square and you don't alter the width. Less margin for error here.

-inconsistent release from the pouch.

-inconsistent spanning. In regular crossbows handspanning produces less accuracy than spanning with a mechanism that works exactly the same everytime . Even small positioning of the string to the left or right onto the trigger has effects. Same should apply to Pouches.

-canting the rifle/crossbow to the left/right when shooting. That's why match crossbows are equipped with a small level to check if it's perfectly horizontal.

What I would do to check is first totally eliminate shooter error.
Clamp the slingshot rifle in a vise on a sturdy and stable bench and fire it on a target. It doesn't matter where it is aimed but each consequent shot should hit almost the same place. If there is large variation in shot placement the rifle is simply inaccurate. And the above mentioned can be checked.

If the rifle IS accurate when shot from clamped and unmovable fixed position - then it's shooter error, you will just have to train more

Last edited by RalphG; 12-04-2015 at 01:34 AM.

Old 12-04-2015, 01:32 AM   #9
bigdh2000
Administrator
TSF_ADMIN.png

Slingshots

I like your use of the piston connection rod for a slingshot/slingshot template.

resortera Likes This 
Old 12-04-2015, 04:08 AM   #10
resortera

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphG View Post
In a slingshot the most inconsistent factor Is probably the shooter. With a rifle with trigger you are eliminating some shooter influence (well,, not on the aiming part of cause).
Factors that influence rifle accuracy that came to mind :

- unequal band length, even little will give a tiny nudge to the left /right. The longer the shot the more pronounced the effect.

-inconsistencies in the rubber its self, despite being exactly the same length bands have a different draw weight. Theraband has to be cut to strips lengthwise so there is a larger room for introducing small errors. Tube only has to be cut square and you don't alter the width. Less margin for error here.

-inconsistent release from the pouch.

-inconsistent spanning. In regular crossbows handspanning produces less accuracy than spanning with a mechanism that works exactly the same everytime . Even small positioning of the string to the left or right onto the trigger has effects. Same should apply to Pouches.

-canting the rifle/crossbow to the left/right when shooting. That's why match crossbows are equipped with a small level to check if it's perfectly horizontal.

What I would do to check is first totally eliminate shooter error.
Clamp the slingshot rifle in a vise on a sturdy and stable bench and fire it on a target. It doesn't matter where it is aimed but each consequent shot should hit almost the same place. If there is large variation in shot placement the rifle is simply inaccurate. And the above mentioned can be checked.

If the rifle IS accurate when shot from clamped and unmovable fixed position - then it's shooter error, you will just have to train more
Thenku very much for you replay
The sr whas clamped on a vice pouch and bands pretty simetrical( y try 3 set ups of bands) the steel ball its on the triger in a hole make for it the pouch got a center hole and triger its pretty simetricak (trigers this time its crosbow 2 parts triger ) anyways the shots got very disperse at the cardboar(marking hits whit numbers) an ther was 3 mters only

What you think stard from 0 make everything simetrical at limit and try agayn?