You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of The Slingshot Forum!    

Slingshot Forum - The Slingshot Channel Official Forum > The Slingshot Channel Videos > Slingshot Crossbows >

allu's projects

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2016, 09:40 PM   #31
onnod
Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

Liked 2885 Times on 1772 Posts
Likes Given: 1074

That's a nice looking crossbow! back when my pistol crossbow still worked properly (untill my little brother and his friends played with it without my permission and broke the prod & took it apart and lost all the parts, I still have no idea why and they never actually apologised or repayed me in any way but that's a whole nother story) I always had trouble making my own arrows. The wooden shafts would break quickly and the points would go everywhere, so I wish you the best of luck!

Old 05-03-2016, 03:04 AM   #32
Bone
Slingshot Shooters
TSF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1967 Times on 1230 Posts
Likes Given: 2754

That looks like it's been a fun project and a learning one too, which is always a good thing. Good work!

Old 05-03-2016, 03:29 AM   #33
bigdh2000
Administrator
TSF_ADMIN.png

Slingshots

Liked 8983 Times on 5152 Posts
Likes Given: 1724

Nice final product.

“All men make mistakes, but married men find out about them sooner.” - Red Skelton

Old 05-04-2016, 05:30 AM   #34
Juggalo
My slingshots are like me. They aren't pretty.
TSF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 495 Times on 390 Posts
Likes Given: 354

That thing looks great!!!!

Old 05-17-2016, 09:06 PM   #35
allu

Liked 67 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Thanks for replies everyone, much appreciated!

Have been playing around with different projects and improving old projects lately. My flipper is still not at its finished form, there's still plenty of tweaking to do. First thing on the list was a proper string, so here it is:

allu's projects - Slingshot Crossbows

Made it out of nylon fishing line using this uber expensive quality stringing jig, totally worth the 100$$$ I paid for it!

Cobra crossbow saw some new things as well. I'm running low on those bolts since they like to break down after a few shots from the beefed up version. I'm down to 6 bolts at the moment, so something needed to be done. I hate fletching arrows, it's just a pain in the arse to get right and always gets destroyed one way or other so I went fletching free this time. Super front heavy, the balance point is right behind the dart heads, so they fly fairly straight. Straight enough to hit something at 30 meters, although due to their heavy weight the trajectory is quite extreme. They also fly fairly slow, but still fast enough to do some damage.

Still enough energy to pierce that 20 mm particle board at point blank range.

Also I made my first slingshot! Wanted to try out some a concept sling darts I made so had to shoot them with something. First it was just a piece of pliers with office rubber...

Better platform was needed for extra rubber, so made this:

Different darts I tried:

The little ones were hella much one to shoot! Flied death straight and with great accuracy, although their light weight limited the range quite a bit. Of course they have no destructive capabilities, but great for practising. The bigger one didn't work so well, it flew still but was prone to tangling and I ended up with a bruised knuckle... First battle wounds lol. I think this design has potential, but I'm gonna build a crossbow if I want to shoot anything bigger any faster. Safer that way, if I got bruised with barely any rubber what would happen with lots of rubber... I've always been a crossbow guy anyway, bows are fine but slingshots are not for me

More coming this weekend, thanks for reading!

-allu

Old 05-24-2016, 11:23 PM   #36
Augusto
Junior Member Augusto

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 60

Hello Alu

Very nice your work! Congratulations sincerely! You must live in a very cold Country...You know at the south of Europe, in this case Portugal, we have in the most part of the territory during the winter + 10 centigrades and at the summer +35! Yes, my Country is very hot comparing with yours...By the way I put KO my second cancer...I am very happy as well my "girl friend"...We are married during 56 years ...
Just now I have 3 pistol crossbows and recently I bought a very nice airegun. But, I prefer "do it yourself" like you. I learnt a lot following all your flipper crossbow explanations and I intend also introduce modifications in my homemade flipper. Thanks a lot. I am finishing two slingshot crossbows. Well, the trigger is also a problem like the rail for me. I use my "weapons" at home, so 10 meters it is good! It is also difficult to find here good wood and I do not like plyood...I Buy usually some beech-tree molded for to be used in furniture and adapt them...In our shops it is i possible to buy some pieces, like arrows, rubber band powerful, bows made of carbon, but not trigger´s. I am using the pin trigger system...an old technology...not a problem...I am also a old "machine"...Best Regards and go on with your inventions! Sorry, unfortunnatelly my English is very bad... Octavio Augusto

Old 09-04-2016, 02:49 PM   #37
jlasud

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Allu! Your flipper needs a lighter arm. If you don't want to make new arms for it, you could drill big holes in the forward portion of it,or possibly along the whole arm would be even better.That would be quick and rather effective. Skeletonizing the **** out of it. I think it's a fast improvement to make with quite an increase in velocity..

Last edited by jlasud; 09-04-2016 at 02:51 PM.