You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of The Slingshot Forum!    

Slingshot Forum - The Slingshot Channel Official Forum > The Slingshot Channel Videos > Tutorial videos >

You'll Shoot Your Eye Out (How To Shoot A Slingshot #1)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2017, 08:43 PM   #1
ffoowwlleerr
Makery and Mischief

Liked 30 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 123

Default You'll Shoot Your Eye Out (How To Shoot A Slingshot #1)

So A lot of people have been buying slingshots of my website so i thought i would put together a series of slingshot shooting Lessons. There is already a lot of stuff out there on how to shoot a slingshot but for the most part its confusing and contradicter information from video to video. So this will be as comprehensive a series as i can make it taking you threw all you need to know about shooting the slingshot. Lesson 1 i will cover the shooting range and slingshot targets. I will get into how to shoot a slingshot with pinpoint accuracy and rigging the slingshot in future videos. I learned how to shoot a slingshot by watching Bill Hayes and the man is good and can light a match at distances of 33 feet constantly. But i wanted to start out with the shooting range for lesson 1 because it is in my thinking for beginners the quickest way to ruin your shooting experience if dun wrong.

video Link >>https://youtu.be/JC-I7T8_u_k?list=PLjSScLBAtGMhWv2EJuOAePumPo5-SbzIb

Attached Images
File Type: jpg You'll shoot your eye out .jpg (50.5 KB, 27 views)

Old 06-16-2017, 05:29 AM   #2
NamenloserHeld91

Slingshots

Liked 85 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Quote:
There is already a lot of stuff out there on how to shoot a slingshot but for the most part its confusing and contradicter information from video to video.
Yeaaa your is one of them sry mate but i dont like it! Lot of stuff that is bad for beginners.
Noobs always shoud start shooting without target. The focus shoud be on release and dont start mayor mistakes!
Dont bring up speed shooting! Just confuses evryone.
And last when you wanna teach Bill Hays style of shooting you shoud know how to light a match!
Checking your Slingshot is always good idea.

Gl for the next episode

Old 06-17-2017, 12:03 PM   #3
ffoowwlleerr
Makery and Mischief

im not teaching bill hays he is in my upcoming video. Thats ok i didnt figure slingshot shooters would like it they already know everything and this is for the people how have been buying all the slingshots of my website after seeing me on tv shooting. I have already directied them to bill and other peoples shooting lessons. And its what i would have liked to have seen a year ago when i showed up here.

Last edited by ffoowwlleerr; 06-17-2017 at 08:26 PM.

Old 06-18-2017, 08:25 AM   #4
NamenloserHeld91

Slingshots

Its made with love put without a plan
You shoud only bring up important stuff Noobs really got to know.
-For the start 2 or 3 release styles.
-Foot work
-How to hold the Slingshot when getting Handslaps
-How to hold more then one BB in your Hand.
-Keep the Sling in line with the rubber.
-How to avoid frustration (a good training routine)
-How to unlearn bad habits
-Keeping both eyes open (plz dont teach them aiming)
-Basic Slingshot physic like holding the shot makes it weaker or the projectile loses the power with distance
-Maybe teach the also clean attachment of the rubber.

Also its okay to show of (your speed shooting) but dont do it with something usless like speed shooting
ffoowwlleerr Likes This 
Old 06-18-2017, 11:08 AM   #5
ffoowwlleerr
Makery and Mischief

That is the plan. You make that sound so easy but half of what you said there are topics i see forum threads people arguing over.

Old 06-18-2017, 01:12 PM   #6
NamenloserHeld91

Slingshots

Nobody said its easy The best clips till now to learn from the start is Bill Hays and Jörgs littel clip about shooting the Rambone.

As long there is no professional league, the discussions is never going to be over

In a good Nooby video shoud be a lot of recherche.
Its not only to teach stuff others do, you got to improve it befor you can teach it.
Thats why i mean that you shoud learn how to light matches befor you can teach Billy Hays way to shoot.
But i think its better to make your own trick shot (matches getting boring )
ffoowwlleerr Likes This 
Old 06-20-2017, 03:51 PM   #7
ffoowwlleerr
Makery and Mischief

Been having a hard time with the match lighting i keep hitting them in the head but its so mugy here in Maine. And they dont even light on the box well some days. I tried like bill side when we hung out last week to dry them in the micrawave but that didn't work but maybe i put them in for to long.

Old 06-20-2017, 05:09 PM   #8
NamenloserHeld91

Slingshots

Did you tie them to wire?
ffoowwlleerr Likes This 
Old 06-22-2017, 02:55 AM   #9
ffoowwlleerr
Makery and Mischief

Ya wire then a tube with the match stuck in it. I think it more the matches then anything elce i got one at bills accidentally just by hitting the clip holding the match and the match flipped up and just ignited when i bounced of the clip. I shoot the heads of 4 every day with just 30 shots. It will have to be that most perfect hit that just skims the tip.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:38 AM   #10
NamenloserHeld91

Slingshots

Did you try it with self igniting ones? You know this cowboy matches where they light it on the ass of the Horse
How about you do the Card splitting trick?
Or Coins in the air are always cool.
Shooting appel from trees woud be something usfull ^^

ffoowwlleerr Likes This